SCRIMMAGE

PNG vs. Port Arthur Memorial
Friday, August 19th
7:00PM
Indian Stadium

SCALP 'EM, INDIANS!!!!

Indian03

100+ Posts
Important Note: Admission for the scrimmage will be $1 and all admission proceeds will benefit the Texas High School Coaches Association Benevolence Fund. The fund assists athletes and coaches across the state of Texas with specials needs or hardships.

Indian03

100+ Posts
The Fire-Up Pep Rally is Friday, August 26 at 7:30. Since we don't have a game that day, they scheduled the pep rally. There's no school pep rally that day, just the night one.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'm working nights Friday. If anyone could be so kind as to post updates during the scrimmages, I'd be forever grateful ;D

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I'm working nights Friday. If anyone could be so kind as to post updates during the scrimmages, I'd be forever grateful ;D
Will do, But I am not the best, I get lost in the game and forget...

Ndnpride

I have been transferred away from the Reservation and I still have boys playing so I am going to have to count on you faithful ones to keep me posted on the games I cannot make. If someone will post what is going on I would be grateful to all. Does anyone know if the radio is going to be broadcasting tonight? I will listen when I can also. Got to love the Internet!!!! Let's go Indians!!!!!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
It was a positive experience. I believe it was 7-0 when they started inserting backups. PAM is a high powered offense and we held em back. 2 starting OL were out for us due to injury and still moved the ball fairly well. Missed a short fieldgoal and threw a a pick inside the 20. Our running game was held back but with the 2 ol starters out and the massive size of the PAM defense im not discouraged by it, Nelson was excellent and Miller was good on his short to mid-range throws. Defense will be strong this year. Nice to see our secondary play so well and davis was really giving them a fit.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Reading the PANews, Memorial is big, experienced and extremely fast on defense. To even battle to a near draw with a 5A team like that is impressive.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Reading the PANews, Memorial is big, experienced and extremely fast on defense. To even battle to a near draw with a 5A team like that is impressive.
Yep you can't say anything bad about how they played. I think with 2 starters out on the O line it had a impact. ALso PAM blitzed and stunted alot in the scrimmage. PNG did not blitz or stunt. My son said they ran a basic D package. I credit the coaches for not showing their cards before the season starts. I look for great things from this team. I'm excited that Miller is another major threat on the Offensive side of the ball. He can tuck and run. He had some great runs out of the pocket.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
I thought the defense swarmed to the ball and appeared to be more aggressive then last years group. The offense kind of had me concerned though. I didn't see a huge push on running plays (maybe due to OL guys out) and the deep passes weren't very good at all. I also noticed that alot was thrown to #4, which I would too, but you would like to see in a scrimmage that the ball be spread around a little more evenly so you can get some looks at other WR's. Alot that I seen negative on offense can be worked out and with time will be fixed with experience. I'm still impressed with the Defense though. We will be right there in the thick of things come week 10.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I thought they looked good at the scrimmage, but I also think we didn't showcase anything. Our coach knows exactly what he's doing and I think we'll see an explosive offense and a swarming defense when the season begins.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
If I remember correctly, our offense didn't look that great against PAM last year either. I could be wrong though.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores