Vidor Meet - Thursday March 4th

carzan

500+ Posts
Our third meet of the season is fast approaching. I am already excited and just wanted to get some talk going if possible. So, I know parents of some of the kids check this board and I have a deal for you!

If you will tell me who you would like to see in a track video I will get GOOD footage of WHO EVER you name and I will include them competing in their event in a PNG Track and Field compilation video I plan to make. I believe that on most of the videos I have made I have done a decent job and am getting better at it every day. I will post the completed video on this board via vimeo or you tube. ( vimeo is better )

I know some of you want to maintain anonymity so if that is the case simply pm me the needed info. I will need the name and event or events that the young man or young lady will be competing in. You can always post the information I need here on this thread also which ever you prefer.

Oh and I already have some kids in mind that are friends of my kids. So just because someone shows up in the video it is not necessarily because of a request.

carzan

500+ Posts
Dogs tracksters roll on, prevail in Pirate Relays
Tom Halliburton
The Port Arthur News

VIDOR — VIDOR -- Nederland may have lost its own meet to inclement weather but first year coach Chris Theriot has his Bulldogs clicking since then.

The Nederlanders dominated yet a third straight meet Thursday, rolling to an easy team victory at Vidor's 16th annual Pirate Relays.

Nederland compiled 180.5 points on the curves adjacent to Pirate Stadium while Kyle Segura's Port Neches-Groves boys remained awfully impressive in the field events and placed a solid second with 106.

Vidor's host Lady Pirates had enough depth to outpoint Silsbee's speedsters for the girls team title, 156.5-147, although the Nederland girls were split into a Black team and a Gold team.

Three new Golden Triangle area leaders were recorded at the meet -- one in the girls varsity ranks and two in the boys.

Ashley Johnson of Silsbee cleared the bar at 5-4 to win the girls high jump. The previous area lead was 5-3 by Ozen freshman Dominique Brannon, younger sister of A'Lexus Brannon.

Orangefield's Kyle Fontenot cleared the bar at 13-0 in the boys pole vault to become the area's first 2010 vaulter above 12-6.

Nederland's Layne Smith completed the new area leader batch with a 4:39 to win the boys 1,600 meter run.

Four other Bulldogs joined Smith among Theriot's gold medalists -- Trent Fulk in the 3,200 meters, Kevin Molina in the 800 meters, Aaron McCrary in the 200- and 100-meter dash, and Austin Wyble in the 300-meter hurdles.

Unlike Nederland, the purple folks sported winners in each division. Hillary Coy entered the winner's circle for PN-G in the girls pole vault, tying the season's best Golden Triangle mark with a vault of 10-6.

Area high jump leader Dylan Richards duplicated his height of 6-6 at LC-M two weeks earlier to win the competition for the Indians. Cody Ross captured the triple jump in 40-1.5, while senior Tyler Wright took home a gold medal in the 110-meter hurdles and a silver in the 300-meter hurdles.

Most of these schools, including the Mid-County teams, will not compete in meets next week because of spring break.

-- Tom Halliburton

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores