Vidor sign

NDN411

Has anyone at the game noticed the real men take knees sign? The Indians are wearing a 28 on their helmets and everyone wore 28 ribbons at school and this is the type of good sports the pirates are?!?! That's so classless. Let it go !

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDN411 said:
Has anyone at the game noticed the real men take knees sign? The Indians are wearing a 28 on their helmets and everyone wore 28 ribbons at school and this is the type of good sports the pirates are?!?! That's so classless. Let it go !

Idiots... They should tell that to the NFL players that were standing around the player for 15+ minutes that was carted off the field last week. Of course those must be much lesser men than the sign carrying Vidorites. :crazy:
Talk about majoring on minors...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I reported that sign to M. Burnett and he told them it had to be taken down and then they (Vidorians) removed the wrong sign. I was very pleased to see our team enter the field, go to the opposite endzone and all took a knee! As Coach Faircloth stated at the Booster Club meeting, we will get on our knees to HIM but not to another team. Our players wore #28 and showed plenty of respect. If they are too ignorant to acknowledge that, then its their problem, not ours. One thing they boys proved to everyone---they are real men!

nissanindian

100+ Posts
I talk to a higher authority on the sign cause i sold him a sign and he told me that it was not tended for the bs that was on the other board it was meant to be like the old radiers saying real men wear black and it repersented the kneeling at the 28 yard line ive know this guy a while and i dont think he would lie to me but i confornted him first thing this morning when i handed him his crow

pngfan66

500+ Posts
nissanindian said:
I talk to a higher authority on the sign cause i sold him a sign and he told me that it was not tended for the bs that was on the other board it was meant to be like the old radiers saying real men wear black and it repersented the kneeling at the 28 yard line ive know this guy a while and i dont think he would lie to me but i confornted him first thing this morning when i handed him his crow
I heard that as well about the kneeling at the 28. However when you don't know that the sign is for that purpose then you take it for what it is. I saw it and thought the same thing, that they were criticizing us for not kneeling at the LCM game.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
nissanindian said:
I heard that as well about the kneeling at the 28. However when you don't know that the sign is for that purpose then you take it for what it is. I saw it and thought the same thing, that they were criticizing us for not kneeling at the LCM game.
If that was meant to be a kneeling for 28 thing, then they should have had even with the 28 yard line were they would take a knee, I call bs on it, Hey I am glad they put it up, just another thing to get our boys fired up and wanting to defend the HONOR PRIDE AND TRADITION of PNG !

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pngdad8420 said:
pngfan66 said:
nissanindian said:
If that was meant to be a kneeling for 28 thing, then they should have had even with the 28 yard line were they would take a knee, I call bs on it, Hey I am glad they put it up, just another thing to get our boys fired up and wanting to defend the HONOR PRIDE AND TRADITION of PNG !

I agree. Doubtful that it has anything to do with #28. They wouldn't have worded it that way.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
nissanindian said:

Sorry but I heard it from a Vidor Cheerleader that it was meant as what we took it as and it had nothing to do with #28.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Cheermom4 said:
nissanindian said:

Sorry but I heard it from a Vidor Cheerleader that it was meant as what we took it as and it had nothing to do with #28.

I believe that. They were just trying to cover up a stupid act. They deserved the whoopin' they got!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Cheermom4 said:
nissanindian said:

I believe that. They were just trying to cover up a stupid act. They deserved the whoopin' they got!

I just thought the sign was in poor taste and that reflects bad on the school and someone (principal, asst. principals or the cheer sponsor) should have made them take it down. I know ours would have immediately.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Slovanic?

We used to play that a lot when I was in band. But, we played it much slower, and with a lot more gusto. It would raise the hair on your arms. Right around that time, Vidor adopted it as their fight song, I guess.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bamakid said:
pngfan93 said:
Anyone else notice the sign that said "Cherokee < Slovak"?

You mean the one that took down before the game even started?
That was the sign they took down when they were asked to remove the "Real Men Take Knees" sign down. Most of us in the stands didn't even know what they meant by "Slavonic".

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores