VS LUMBERTON FRIDAY NIGHT

carzan

500+ Posts
transplant tribesman said:
VS LUMBERTON- FRIDAY NIGHT!!!! PN-G should have no trouble in this one.

Indeed this would appear to be one of the easier on our schedule. We are supposed to knock them off with ease. But then ya gotta be careful with teams that are in this type of situation. Lumberton will be hungry and if we don't jump out in fron early we could potentially light the fire for them. .... Nah, we'll probably "yates" em!

carzan said:
PN-G should have no trouble in this one.
we'll probably "yates" em!

You two Michael Jordans need to hold up just a minute there! While I do agree we should win this one and win it big, we can't afford to take any team for granted! That's what happened in the second half of the Nederland game! We thought we would come out of the locker room at half time and continue what looked like an easy first half. The Dogs had other plans! We need to take the Raiders seriously and head up there with scoring on our minds. We need to jump out in front of them and then hit the gas and never let off until the final buzzer sounds!

These kinds of games can be VERY dangerous for a group like ours. When we play an underperforming team that usually means a slow paced low scoring game. While we are not "run and gun" we are a bit faster paced team than a typical half court offense style team. We do need a bit of pace to the game for us to be our most efficient. Lumberton will try to do to us what we will try to do to Ozen and Central, slow it down. The slower the pace the better it is for the Raiders. That is why I believe we NEED to attack in this game even though playing "run and gun" is not our trademark.

I just feel that if the Indians play the to their ability this should be pretty routine!! :thumbsup:

I can say I agree with that. But, we need to play very hard in this game. We have a TOUGH week coming next week. We need to really put up some points on these guys and build some confidence in our guys! We need to know we can do it at will. If we go out and "just get by" this Lumberton team it will make the psychology that is in play next week work against us that much more! So FOCUS UP, FIRE UP and ...!

Well you know what I mean!

Go Indians!!

carzan

500+ Posts
Big Chief Tablet said:
I just feel that if the Indians play the to their ability this should be pretty routine!! :thumbsup:

I can say I agree with that. But, we need to play very hard in this game. We have a TOUGH week coming next week. We need to really put up some points on these guys and build some confidence in our guys! We need to know we can do it at will. If we go out and "just get by" this Lumberton team it will make the psychology that is in play next week work against us that much more! So FOCUS UP, FIRE UP and ...!

Well you know what I mean!

Go Indians!!

I think you may actually be making some sense Big Chief!! I know that with Ozen and Central on the schedule for next week we have a tough close to the first half of district play. We want to do everything we can to get ready for those two teams. I believe they won't take us seriously though. At least not this first round. I also think we have the skill set to win against both of those teams. We will however need to settle down when they press us and hold out for shots we actually want and not force as many as we did against Nederland and Livingston. Man that Nederland Game really sucked!!! We should never have lost that one and I think that loss was VERY DEMORALIZING to our group!!!!

I think we need to play our entire bench tomorrow night as much as we can! We are going to need those guys to perform both games next week. If we just play 6 or 7 guys against Ozen and Central, they will over power us at the end of the game. They will be substituting all night and will still have fresh legs in the fourth quarter! We need to make sure we will be able to keep up with them!!!!

carzan

500+ Posts
I know it's only thursday night but after watching the warriors I'm ready to go to Lumberton!!!

GO TRIBE!!!!!!!

We are going to try,we had a minor emergency come up so we have to see to that first.But nonetheless we want to wish the TRIBE Good Luck!!!! :punchingbag: :punchingbag:Beat em good.

carzan

500+ Posts
The list begins...

Carzan + wife + 3 co-workers
Transplant Tribesman + family ????

You can cut and paste the list in a reply then simply add your name to the bottom :)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores