Weather for the Manval game

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Everyone don't forget to pack warm clothes and bundle up for the game. The way they are forcasting it, looks like we are in for some cold football weather. At least they are not forcasting sleet and drizzling rain like we had to battle at this stadium years ago. I will never forget the game in the 70's O0 that it was so bitterly cold :cold :cold :cold at this stadium. No one had planned on the weather changing for the worse (sleet and cold). Band instruments where freezing up and no one could hardly stay in their seats. Everyone mainly stayed underground. To this day, everytime we have had to play at this stadium I have flash backs!!! :faint:

bandkid

Staff member
EX79NDN said:
Everyone don't forget to pack warm clothes and bundle up for the game. The way they are forcasting it, looks like we are in for some cold football weather. At least they are not forcasting sleet and drizzling rain like we had to battle at this stadium years ago. I will never forget the game in the 70's O0 that it was so bitterly cold :cold :cold :cold at this stadium. No one had planned on the weather changing for the worse (sleet and cold). Band instruments where freezing up and no one could hardly stay in their seats. Everyone mainly stayed underground. To this day, everytime we have had to play at this stadium I have flash backs!!! :faint:

There must be something about this stadium and cold weather. When we played our last playoff game there my freshman year (LaMarque or Lamar Consolidated, don't remember which), it was freezing.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
Academy had PNG pullovers on sale for 9.99...dont know if they have any left.

Yes I have already stocked up on hand warmers, thermals, etc.....I am not going to have a repeat of the 70's game. I am going prepared this time. Hopefully I can sit there, warm and enjoy a good game! :cheesy:

lu cards

100+ Posts
game time temp should be in the upper 40's with light winds.it will be crisp but to me thats perfect football weather.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Baytown&state=TX&site=HGX&textField1=29.7485&textField2=-94.969&e=0

I don't really care how cold it is, nor if it is raining, nor what. Neither rain, nor cold, nor sleet, nor snow will keep this old Indian from the game. My theory of watching Indian football for 55+ years is that if it is not too bad for the Indians to play, it is not too bad for me to watch. I'm ready to Wooo Whooo until those mustangs are rounded up and have Indians riding every one of them.

NDN53547781

EX79NDN said:
MOM2INDIANS said:
Academy had PNG pullovers on sale for 9.99...dont know if they have any left.

Yes I have already stocked up on hand warmers, thermals, etc.....I am not going to have a repeat of the 70's game. I am going prepared this time. Hopefully I can sit there, warm and enjoy a good game! :cheesy:

This is a very cold statium we were there back in the 70's and the chill factor was something like 5 and it was sleeting we were covered in blankets with a plactic cloth around us. when it too full of sleet we would just shake it off.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores