Welcome Back Mr. Durham!!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
While Joe Arnold did an excellent job of announcing the game, something was missing in the absence of Mr. Durham's voice. I was very pleased to hear the familiar voice announcing the band at half time!! It just will not be the same when he is no longer able to do that. The standing ovation he got at the beginning of halftime was something to behold.

You could tell that his voice was weak at times during halftime. Hopefully he will be able to continue to at least announce halftime. Welcome back Mr. Durham!!!!

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
Hopefully he can use the elevator to get to the press box. I heard he had to walk up to the press box. Don't know if I could do it.

bandkid

Staff member
You have no idea how exciting it was to march out onto the field and hear his voice and come to the instant realization of the fact that he had come back to announce for us. Not the football team or cheerleaders or anyone else, just us. I think that excited every band member, twirler, and Indianette out on the field last night. And then the roar from the crowd that followed... it was an awesome moment.

bandkid

Staff member
pngfan93 said:
I would love to see video from down on the field or from the visitors' side of that.

The whole crowd jumped up and started making some noise. It was pretty cool. Heck of a sight from the middle of the field.

N

NDNPARENT

With the technology we have we should make a recording/video of him annoucing his famous saying when the band is introduce to preserve for the future, there will never be another voice as good as his annoucing the band!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
PNG82 said:
With the technology we have we should make a recording/video of him annoucing his famous saying when the band is introduce to preserve for the future, there will never be another voice as good as his annoucing the band!

You are so right, no one can replace him! However, I work with a guy who played football for the NDN's and graduated in '92 and he sounds almost just like him! He was doing Tip's traditional halftime announcement the other day and I was like, "you need to do this when he no longer can, you sound just like him!!" He has that deep voice and everything. He seemed interested, so we may have someone in the wings if needed ;)

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Tip is there for all the fans. In fact, he's the #1 fan. I like Joe Arnold fine, but I'd like to see Tippy (Tip's son) doing our games if the time comes and Tip himself cannot announce them.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores