We're At The "Butch"...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I for one refuse to recognize that stadium name. You'll see it referred to as BISD Stadium on this web site. Stadiums, fields, schools, or other buildings are named after individuals who contributed a lifetime to their district. Not over payed school superintendents who just happen to be in that position when a bond is passed.

When you're in that stadium, you're in the EGO zone.

NDN79

500+ Posts
AMEN Indian Fan!! I agree completely!! It takes a seriously arrogant person to get a facility named after themselves--when they haven't contributed anything to that district or community!!!! Nuff said about that.

Let's follow the Indians to bisd and scalp those purple pretenders!!!!!

wacape

100+ Posts
I hear ya,Fan. Should have been named after Bubba Smith or even the great Baltimore Oriole...Frank Robinson. Yes, Frank was born in Beaumont. Would have been fun to be going to the "Bubba"....LOL. Oh,there was even a Beaumont born astronaut(can't remember his name). THAT would have been a stadium name to brag about!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
wacape said:
I hear ya,Fan. Should have been named after Bubba Smith or even the great Baltimore Oriole...Frank Robinson. Yes, Frank was born in Beaumont. Would have been fun to be going to the "Bubba"....LOL. Oh,there was even a Beaumont born astronaut(can't remember his name). THAT would have been a stadium name to brag about!

Or the best athlete to ever come out of Beaumont, Babe Didrickson Zaharias. (not too sure about my spelling)

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Just call it...the West End Reservation...or the Satellite Reservation...our Indians have played well there since it opened. I agree, the folks in Beaumont should have named it something besides the Butch Thomas Educational Center...I'd easily go with Bubba Smith (the Bubba), Willie Ray Smith, or Babe D. Zaharias.

Go Indians. Peace.

wacape

100+ Posts
The astronaut was Robert Crippen. Flew four space shuttle missions. There's an elementary school in Porter,Texas named after him. Hmmmmm....and none in his home town. Bet if he was.....well....nevermind..... :-X

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I for one refuse to recognize that stadium name. You'll see it referred to as BISD Stadium on this web site. Stadiums, fields, schools, or other buildings are named after individuals who contributed a lifetime to their district. Not over payed school superintendents who just happen to be in that position when a bond is passed.

When you're in that stadium, you're in the EGO zone.

BISD hates it being called "The Butch". In many ways, its a slap at them. They call it The Carrol A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Facility (or something like that). Calling it The Butch is nothing more than a slight against them for naming it after a currently living, non BISD athlete or coach, thinks he's larger than life, administrator.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I truly think their policies for reentry is pure BS. I went out to the truck to get my wife her bigger coat and they wouldn't let me back in. I had to buy another dang ticket. My Dad was there and wanted to go to his car and get his head bennie to cover up his ears at half time and they let him out and made him buy another ticket to get back in. I think its a terrible policy. That tells me they are only looking for the money and show total greed. When the game was over I was down by the gate waiting to see my son and a lady started telling us to leave and go outside the gate and too hurry up. I've been to numerous stadiums around the state and in other states, the "BUTCH" and their policies take the cake. That is just pathetic and extremely greedy. Now this was just my experience this past Friday. I truly do hope that they are not like this to everyone.

PNGALWAYS

Constant loud, obnoxious commercials. Can't see how people close to the scoreboard can stand it. Also, they do not open the stadium until the last minute. One of my least favorite venues, but the Indians are undefeated there and I will definitely be there supporting them.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'd bet money that they look forward to extending special treatment to Mid-County fans. :-X

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores