What do you think about PNG's kicking game?

Two Feathers

I feel like the kicking game has cost us two wins at least. I just don't like the QB kicking the ball. I know there has got to be someone else that can kick the ball down field.
I don't like the way we kick the ball on kick offs either. Let's kick it on down the field and stop giving every one a small field to play on. If we don't change our thinking on the kicking game, we want make the play offs.

gpwildcat

Pooch punt by QB can be very effective. I like it when inside the 50, 4th and 5+. Because the defense can't risk a play, they can't put anybody back to return the punt. We (GP) have downed several inside the 10, and a couople inside the 5.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
read in an article that the coaches kicked short on kickoff to livingston to cut donw on the speed of livingston, if i remember right they fiar catch each time we kickoff to them.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Last night coach said that part of the reason that he was doing that was because of Browning's injury last season. He just can't kick deep all of the time. And, for some of the games, it was the personnel, as stated above.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
We didn't do a good job covering kicks(punts and kickoffs) in the GP game and we have played teams with fast athletes(Crosby,TC and Livingston). I did notice when we kicked off with the wind vs nederland, we kicked deep. The problem is most of our scores were against the wind. As far as the punting goes,Doty has struggled some, but did get off a couple of good punts vs. ned. He was cramping pretty bad on Friday, so I am sure that didn't help. I think we should try a squib kick vs the pooch, because if the kicker doesn't hit the ball right, he only gets height and not distance. It seems like in the Livingston game, he was getting his pooch kicks deeper...between the 25 and 30, which is not bad field position to give up. Thats my take on it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores