WHERE DO WE PARK THIS FRIDAY???????

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
:huh: WHERE WILL WE GET TO PARK THIS FRIDAY FOR THE LIVINGSTON GAME??? MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE A TAXI AND THEN GET A TAXI HOME!!! GO INDIANS...WHAT A GREAT FEELING TO BE AT HOME IN THE RESERVATION. AND IT'S HOMECOMING TOO. LOVE ALL YOU INDIAN FANS. INDIAN KEN

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Yea, parking is going to be horrible. Hey maybe PNG needs to run a shuttle bus from a remote location to the gates of the stadium.... :popcorn: My knee is still killing me from the walk across the field parking lot of Nederland, all around the stadium and up 14 flights of very steep stairs. I hope our new stadium has better stairs than Nederland. I had knee surgery in February and the long walk and steep stairs almost killed me. On top of that, my sister got our tickets this year and she forgot about my knee. She got our tickets on the row in front of the press box. If our stairs are like Nederlands I will never make it!!! :crip:

modmouse78

100+ Posts
I suggest we build a four or five story parking garage somewhere close to the stadium. ;D ................Just kidding

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
modmouse78 said:
I suggest we build a four or five story parking garage somewhere close to the stadium. ;D ................Just kidding

I feel a new bond issue coming on. Let's get this train rolling! :woot:

C O Wilson Bullpups

EX79NDN said:
Yea, parking is going to be horrible. Hey maybe PNG needs to run a shuttle bus from a remote location to the gates of the stadium.... :popcorn: My knee is still killing me from the walk across the field parking lot of Nederland, all around the stadium and up 14 flights of very steep stairs. I hope our new stadium has better stairs than Nederland. I had knee surgery in February and the long walk and steep stairs almost killed me. On top of that, my sister got our tickets this year and she forgot about my knee. She got our tickets on the row in front of the press box. If our stairs are like Nederlands I will never make it!!! :crip:

I'm sure if it's like in Nederland which I am sure it is someone would be willing to trade you.

Crazy Indian Fan

I heard a rumor that they made a deal with the guy who owns the grass field across from the front of high school, so hopefully they are going to use that as more parking space.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Crazy Indian Fan said:
I heard a rumor that they made a deal with the guy who owns the grass field across from the front of high school, so hopefully they are going to use that as more parking space.

You know, that lot has been for sale. I don't know why PNGISD just doesn't buy it. They could pave it and it would make a real nice parking lot, and we really need it! Then again, the neighbors may not be too thrilled with it, but we've used it before and there never seemed to be a problem. Well, I guess we'll see how it all works out, only a few more days to go :woot: :woot: :woot:

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
I live close enough to walk to the game - haha ha haha!!! There is a church on the corner of Dallas and Llano that has a parking lot which about two blocks from the High School. I doubt they would mind if people parked there, since they will probably all be at the game, too. The old bank building on the corner of Nall and Pt. Neches Ave has that parking lot in the back. I know that seems far, but you may be parking there anyway.....

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The small lot where the buses are kept was used for parking many years ago. It would be nice if they could park those elsewhere on game days, or permanantly.

Scan around with Google Maps, zoom in, and you might find some creative parking ideas.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1401+Merriman+-+Port+Neches,+Texas+77651&iwloc=A&hl=en

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder if a deal could be worked out with this location. That is if it's still there and unused around game time.

NDN X

100+ Posts
I heard they are going to try to direct people over to the natl. guard arm. lot. and places over that way. I'd say the best thing to do is get there early. I know I am.

NDN X

100+ Posts
One thing that I heard tonight at the parade was that the gate at the field house end of the stadium WILL NOT be open to enter the stadium. So if you know anyone who likes to go through this gate, it is suppose to be closed off. The person who told me was told by Mr. Keith this morning. Hope everything goes well.

badndn

500+ Posts
The parking lot you circled in the picture is the property of ISP Elastomers and is utilized by Contractors to place temporary trailers to house personel. Never gonna happen.

I think eventually when all the dust settles the maintenance building will be torn down and turned into parking. They should also at that time relocate the bus storage and use that area as parking and hopefully purchase the lot across from the Fire station. There is also quite a bit of land across from the maint. building that could be bought, cleared, paved and turned into parking. I say they should do so and charge for parking like PA has always done at Memorial stadium. I never minded paying for parking there.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
NDN X said:
One thing that I heard tonight at the parade was that the gate at the field house end of the stadium WILL NOT be open to enter the stadium. So if you know anyone who likes to go through this gate, it is suppose to be closed off. The person who told me was told by Mr. Keith this morning. Hope everything goes well.

Oh boy, that is where we liked to park; here comes the dreaded CHANGE word we all so fear. I guess we will have to change parking spaces like we changed seats. But who cares, tonight we make up for all the change we have had to go through the last few weeks!!! Go INDIANS!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores