Wright VS Harmon

PNGmonster

There has been some talk of Caleb Harmon being "the best ever"..seems like the same was said about Josh Wright when he was still in school, so now that he is out of high school he isn't the best? Let me know what you think.. :punchingbag:

fan

Harmon is a fantastic back-- so was Wright

BUT, when using great let's reserve that word for the Frenchmen (Lebove and Labord) of the 50's, The Jet of the 70's, Tommy Landry late 60's, Mark Buchanan 75, Eicher of 77 or 78, Bo Wortham 80's ,etc...

Not taking anything from Wright/Harmon I have really enjoyed watching them as they are/were the greatest of their years on Varsity and they should have piece of mind that they were the leaders of THEIR teams!

akifan94

500+ Posts
fan said:
Harmon is a fantastic back-- so was Wright

BUT, when using great let's reserve that word for the Frenchmen (Lebove and Labord) of the 50's, The Jet of the 70's, Tommy Landry late 60's, Mark Buchanan 75, Eicher of 77 or 78, Bo Wortham 80's ,etc...

Not taking anything from Wright/Harmon I have really enjoyed watching them as they are/were the greatest of their years on Varsity and they should have piece of mind that they were the leaders of THEIR teams!

I think you meant Ron McGill of the 80's and Bo Wortham of the 90's. ;D

fan

You are right-- I had totally forgot about McGill also Kevin Landry 76 hit as hard as anyone and Blake Green played hurt that year and got a scholarship to Nichols State.

Remember the Glory years of 74-80 or so we played 14/15 games a year many years. My Jr. year 76 we played 15 and Sr. year 14 so that is 29 games in 2 seasons -- really run up the stats!

I know there are others hopefully others can remember so they may be recognized.

png9mon

Eicher & Shipley: Late 70s, Same Bacfield, both incredible running backs!!!
Smash mouth, in your face running backs!!! :helmet:

indian20106

this really isnt a necessary post... caleb harmon is my brother. we have been best friends since we were ten. if he bests me then im happy for him

fan

WAY TO GO Josh!! What great NDN spirit and sportsmanship. Don't know you but your parents did something right to be so humble.

Good luck with your College career.

fan

png9mon said:
Eicher & Shipley: Late 70s, Same Bacfield, both incredible running backs!!!
Smash mouth, in your face running backs!!! :helmet:

Another one I left out Ship. See him most games

NDN726

Not too sure if this post is necessary.
Both are great athletes and will be remembered for their talent.

warpaint101

Yeah terrible thread....Harmon is in Highschool now let him have his Glory....

By the way that is a very classy response Josh..

indian20106

thats my brother. im sayin the same thing josh cook told me and jake. and the same thing hemmings said to me.. caleb is doin what he does. i did what i did. i enjoyed the lime lite and caleb is enjoying his. nothin makes me happier than to see him doin so great. on another note.. im redshirted up here and planning on transferring to lamar next semester to play football there. ive been in contact with coach woodard and i guess ill just see how it plays out. SETX is hands down my home and im just not feeling the same passion up here. but im proud of the indians and caleb most importantly. he's gonna keep getting better everyweek. i asked him last week for my birthday present to be him outshining me by a mile and so friday night he rushed for 307. this week i want him to win and i put everything on it they will. im predictiing about maybe state finalist state champions or semifinalists somewhere in there.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I agree that this was a horrible thread to create. I contemplated getting it out of here, but decided not to based on what has to be the classiest post on here ever made by a player. I decided to leave it on here as an example.

Josh, I'm speechless after reading your response. It is real classy and shows the type of friend you are. I hope you do come to Lamar. I am planning on getting season tickets there and would love to see you play again.

On a side note, does anyone know if Harmon's 307 yards is a single game record for PN-G?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Every back has a different running style. 'Best' can only be determined by tangibles like total yards, YPC, etc. LeBoeuf and Bergeron, the only 2 post season all-american backs and leaders in yardage gained in PN-G history, still rank supreme until someone accomplishes more.

PN-G has a long tradition of great backs. LeBoeuf, LaBorde, Bergeron, Landry, Blake Green, Eicher, Shipley, McGill, Wortham, Gholke (sp), Cook, Hemmings, Wright, Harmon, and many others have been very good backs. RB coach Kyle Segura may have a bit to do with success in the last 15 years or so.

Let's talk about the present and Caleb Harmon. Harmon has a great North South running style that's impressive. He runs with power, has a great burst into the secondary, and seems to have a knack for finding daylight and makes good cutbacks into open area. And the long runs speak for themselves. He's got some jets.

Very impressive RB and the results show it. If PN-G has a great playoff year I'm predicting All-State recognition. But the offensive line has to bring it every week and Harmon must stay relentless.

indian20106

cook is like an older brother to me and he taught me how to do what i did.. so i did and i continued his legacy.. and calebs doing the same he is just continuing the legacy. and doing a fine job. but it seems that the legacy will be ended or put on hold after harmon. but im sure coach segura will take another ok athlete and turn him into a diamond studd.

badndn

500+ Posts
indian20106 said:
cook is like an older brother to me and he taught me how to do what i did.. so i did and i continued his legacy.. and calebs doing the same he is just continuing the legacy. and doing a fine job. but it seems that the legacy will be ended or put on hold after harmon. but im sure coach segura will take another ok athlete and turn him into a diamond studd.
Chase Bertrand...Remember that name for 2010 & 2011 Josh. Tearing it up on a crazy good JV squad right now. (nephew of Brian Bost 1989-1990.)
Could we possibly see you and Caleb together again at LU?

indian20106

well im sure you could see us together again. thatd be great. me and caleb never talk about who he has offers from. but he probably will get an offer from them soon. im sure he will. i was referring to jake josh myself and caleb as our own legacy because we all taught each other.. well josh mentored me and jake and jake mentored me and i like to think i some what mentored caleb. were all real close. thats what i meant. chase bertrand might possibly be a great back. but i think ryan st.clair will be the back next year possibly. he is also a good friend of mine. and a heck of a back. ryan will be a hard nosed back like a bunch of us are. i never really watched chase or spoke to him. but i hope caleb is at lamar with me. but then again it didnt quite work out with me goin their right off the bat anyway. as of right now im just a walk on trying for more when i arrive. hope caleb leads them all the way. he has the sense and leadership to. makes me happy as heck for him.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores