any thoughts?

khoward

we lost last night to nederland again. per another site 20th time in a row in district.i dont think we have beaten nederland since english has been there about 10 years.nobody says anything not much priority in basketball.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not very high expectations from anyone. Thinking back through the years, even when PN-G had some standout talent, like Wainwright back in the early 80s, Indian basketball teams just didn't win much.

khoward

OVER THE YEARS THERE HAS BEEN SOME TALENTED KIDS THAT HAVE DECIDED TO NOT PLAY THAT WOULD HAVE HELPED OUT ALOT AND SOME THAT ARE NOT UTILIZED ALSO.

bark

1,000+ Posts
:helmet:
My HS years we had Jace Wainright, Charlie HUff and Aggie. we had a BUNCH that didn't play because of pressure from Football.

Additionally, then- not like now- we played till 1 or 2nd week in December (Xmas break) because of playoffs.

I am told there is still the pressure to be football only. the only exception is baseball because they have a MUCH better program than football.

Remember Nederland has Memorial North in their school zone

BMTSoulja1

That group with the old QB Doty was a hard group to beat. Doty was the leading scorer in district both his Jr and Sr.years. They even made the playoffs. It's just that they didn't have any really good talent outside of Doty and that Nederland was loaded with talent those years.... Not many teams beat them.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores