Crosby vs Liberty Hill

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
21-0 at the half. Liberty Hill overwhelming Crosby on both sides of the ball.

Thinking Crosby will make a big come back in the second half.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Dang. Fumble runback for a TD. Liberty Hill ahead 28-0 with half the 3rd quarter over.

Crosby can still come back. Just need some big plays.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Liberty Hill reminds me of some old PN-G teams. Quick, relatively small offensive line with motors that don't stop. Same with their defense.

Torino

500+ Posts
Read a news article about Liberty Hill tonight. None of the Liberty Hill starters started last year. All 11 are first year starters. So, how does that happen? Just a tremendous group of sophs and juniors who replaced a tremendous group of seniors? In previous seasons we've commented on recruiting at Aledo and Southlake, but this? Guess it helps to be situated close to Austin.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to Crosby on a great season. They were missing their running back tonight but not sure it would have mattered. Liberty Hill moved down the field like a buzz saw all night. 1940s revisited.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Would have probably been a close one like last year without the mistakes, but with all the mistakes it was not much of a contest. Can’t have mistakes like that against a team the caliber of LH.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
I don't think Crosby could have played much worse. Tons of penalties and 2 disastrous fumbles by their QB. And most of the breaks went Liberty Hill's way. That's probably how the Crosby fans feel about the game.

But give LH credit. Crosby had no answer for their wing T running attack, even in the 2nd half (351 rushing yards). I kept thinking this game looked like Navy versus Ohio State. But in this case Ohio State never figured out how to stop the novel running attack. I think LH only passed once in the entire game (which was almost intercepted and ended up being a spectacular reception).

The LH defense was equally impressive. Very good open field tackling and did not let up the long TDs that plagued us against Crosby. Couldn't see much of the downfield coverage during the Texan Live broadcast, but the LH pass defense must be pretty good. The Crosby QB had trouble finding open receivers even when he had plenty of time. Most of his completions were passes out in the flat.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Liberty Hill reminded me of earlier PNG teams. Not great size but agile, quick and hit hard. They had plenty of speed and quickness to cover the Crosby receivers and to also track down the QB. It just seemed like LH wanted to win more.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Liberty Hill reminded me of earlier PNG teams. Not great size but agile, quick and hit hard. They had plenty of speed and quickness to cover the Crosby receivers and to also track down the QB. It just seemed like LH wanted to win more.
I was thinking the same thing. Like when we played Kashmere back in '75 and '77.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
yes that is what i was thinking just think if we had a burnett led team

they looked like pros out there
The teams I’m talking about were led by Doug Ethridge with offensive line coach Butch Troy, defensive coaches Terry Cobb, Ken Clearman, Wayne Hooper and a couple of others. 150-170 pound players who could whip an opponent 50+ pounds heavier. The largest players back then were 190-200 pounds with a couple of outliers like Bruce Miller at 230.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I see. Matt Burnett won 52 games during his last 9 seasons. Made the playoffs 3 years. 2 district co-championships.
I was comparing how hard nosed some former size challenged players were and how they hustled like Liberty Hill did in that game.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores