Final: PN-G 49, Montgomery 42

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The 12-5A Indians (7-4) meet up with the 10-5A champion Montgomery Bears (11-0) tonight in the Area round of the 2021 playoffs. This will be the first meeting ever between the two football programs.

Kickoff is at Stallworth Stadium at 7:30PM.

Listen live at cool925.com or FM 92.5 radio.

Watch the live Video Stream at TexanLive.com (subscription required)

Check the web site for more PNG football info @ pngindians.com

Discuss the live game here.

Good luck tonight Indians!

PNG_Montgomery_2021.jpg

pngisd.jpg 1637325402164.png

Last edited:

CS

I've got a good feeling about this one. Maybe it's the 72 points from last week talking but... El Toro and an Indian win sounds like a nice Friday in November.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Montgomery vs. Port Neches-Groves
Region III-5A (Div. II) Area Round

7:30 p.m., Friday, Stallworth Stadium, Baytown

Last meeting: N/A

Montgomery (11-0): The No. 7 Bears scored four consecutive touchdowns to pull away from Nacogdoches last Friday for a 35-21 bi-district title win. Montgomery is in the area round for the second straight year and fifth time since 2009. Montgomery’s last appearance in the regional round occurred in 2010. Montgomery hasn’t lost since last year’s area round game against Fort Bend Marshall, which was eliminated in the bi-district round last week by Barbers Hill.

PNG (8-3): The Indians scored a season-high in points to start the playoffs last week in a 72-20 romp of Galena Park. The Indians have been streaky this year as they lost two of their final three regular season games, including an overtime loss to Texas City in Week 10. The Indians last reached the area round in 2018.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Montgomery defense is small. Indian o-line looks massive. Indians pushing the ball right down the field.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
WTH is our linebacker helping their running back up off the ground? Trying to help him conserve energy?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores