Fort Bend Marshall @ Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Gonna be a tough one with Shea missing. Defense is gonna have to step up while Conner gets his feet under him. He is very talented and will be a PNG great I predict over the next couple of years. I hope we can use the line to run the ball. FBM is stacked with every athlete from the entire district due to them being a so called magnet school. They should fix this and make them and teams like SOC play at the highest level. They draw from nearly as many kids as Plano does but play at a level two levels below them. The UIL needs to fix this. If you are a magnet school then you should play at the level of total kids from all the schools in the district or the top level. 6A.

benchwarmer53

Gonna be a tough one with Shea missing. Defense is gonna have to step up while Conner gets his feet under him. He is very talented and will be a PNG great I predict over the next couple of years. I hope we can use the line to run the ball. FBM is stacked with every athlete from the entire district due to them being a so called magnet school. They should fix this and make them and teams like SOC play at the highest level. They draw from nearly as many kids as Plano does but play at a level two levels below them. The UIL needs to fix this. If you are a magnet school then you should play at the level of total kids from all the schools in the district or the top level. 6A.
What is the status of Shea Adams

CS

Dave Campbells had us as a 1 point underdog before the injury. Moved to 9 now. I think it will be closer as they have no idea how good of a passer we have coming in this Friday. Will definitely be missing the athleticism from Adams. Maybe someone else will get the honor of the short yardage wildcat?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Coach McDaniel said it best. The Indians know what they are facing. It will take a near perfect game to have a chance at a win. Take care of the football, minimal penalties, be in the right spots, take the right angles, be prepared, and when you have a chance to make a play, go make it. I think the Indians will be pushing a rope uphill most of the night, but if they get in the right spots, take the right angles, and get a few breaks, they will have a shot. These kids play hard. This team is still putting the pieces together...kind of like last year's team was doing at the same time of the season in 2022. It will come together for the Indians. It may not happen on Friday vs. FBM, but things will come together for the 2023 Indians. They are getting better. Go Indians.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
100%

pakronos

didn't know shea still out...well that school isn't very big. it started with the inner city (HISD) with low participation numbers in football and band. that has spread into the fb area now. IMO, the kids that should be going to a HISD school might be attending and i know you guys don't get the houston news stations, but hisd is now run by the state if thats any indication how bad it is. also, maybe...just maybe the coaches have a system and those kids listen and are just that good...

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
When all you have to do is change low rent apartments to the low rent apartments down the road a few miles down because you think it gives your kid a better chance to “make it big” and/or win
FB Willowridge is literally like 2 miles from Marshall
And add in the “magnet” aspect as stated before
You get the SOCs and FBMs
Look at Alvin
Could compete at maybe the 3 or 4A level
Yet split off to Manvel (declining) and now Shadow Creek so one school is maybe the worst in 6A to two of the best in their classes the last few years
All from basically the same Alvin school district
They want to go to the school that will win -
Unlike PNG etc where people are at least more likely to own their house (and other communities) and they can’t randomly choose their school
It’s probably only going to get worse for the urban schools
There will be the SOC FBM Shadow Creek Duncanville (and standing alone for rural)(Carthage where the kids from 3 counties plus Shreveport come to play to play under Coach Surratt) then there will be the “real” schools like PNG ETC

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Then schools like North Shore and Allen
Who are so colossal they should probably split into 2-3 schools (Allen could be 3 6A schools (or close) they don’t split so they retain all the talent in the area FBM stays that size because they figure if Hightower can’t win 6A might as well try to win at 5A with a school or two
But as we see this year having 7k plus at Allen still isn’t a guarantee they’ll be great

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Also remember that this is
THURGOOD MARSHALL high school
Mascot named after the Buffalo Soldiers (which is cool with me) but make no mistake - the entire school is a political statement
So no one is going to “break up” any dynasty that happens purposely or accidentally or coincidentally
Likely we will never hear about the “ineligible players” that appeared from SOC like the 80s Dallas Carter (last DISD power)
Think there aren’t some? Guess again lol

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
It’s happening on a smaller scale in Texarkana
Kids have always wanted to go to Pleasant Grove EXCEPT for football (baseball yes golf yes) but lately kids are moving from LE and TEXAS HIGH to play at PG (not near as much as FB)

And as with SO many other things
TXK is the WEIRDEST town
4 completely separate school districts for a town of 50k (like if PA had 4 districts
(Actually 5 forgot Genoa)

Last edited:

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
I’m here as we speak (I work 2 days a week at a clinic in FB county Stafford, Willowridge and Marshall are walking distance from each other
It’s a different world from what most of us have experienced - I cross my fingers when I allow Burger King to make me a hamburger. Lol

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think its the "magnet" aspect of it. Picking and choosing which school to attend in order to create a powerhouse should require a step up in classification.
Marshall, serving grades 9 through 12, serves sections of Missouri City and a portion of the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Stafford, including sections of Fifth Street. A small portion of the City of Houston is in the school's boundary including Willow Park Apartments, a Houston Housing Authority (HHA) public housing complex. Marshall is magnetized for its three career academies, Electronic Engineering (EE), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) (Discontinued),[6] and Fire Science Technology. The EE Academy's FIRST Robotics team has received distinguished honors from FIRST in its six years of existence.

They play some good football too…

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores