Mid-County Madness

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Well even though its two weeks away...........who do ya got?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coming out of a 3 game pre-district schedule, both teams have a lot of room for improvement. Cliche time... This game comes down to fewest turnovers, penalties and mistakes. The team that plays better fundamental ball has a good shot at winning. :D Now let's hear some real takes.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Gonna be a tough one all around. PNG will have to clean up some sloppiness seen in the first few games (bad snaps, etc). Kids will be amped up for this one though, so no doubt that Faircloth will have them laser focused. Should be a fun one to watch.

Chief1987

It’s a must win game for PNG to have shot at playoffs. Let’s hope we make the right personnel decisions and do whatever it takes to win this one. No experiments need to take place in this game. Put the right kids on the field and let’s get a W.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Indians have a tough road this season lots of talent in our district

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Crosby is the real deal I’m afraid. BH hung with PAM till final couple mins when everything fell apart. Texas City will be tough.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Every season is a challenge but this team has some strengths.

One of the better defensive lines in a while
Solid linebackers. Secondary has made some good plays and can improve. #2 getting back in the lineup will be a big boost.

Offensive line has some power. Trahan can break the big runs. Crippen has a lot of upside and receivers will continue to work.

Good chance of winning next week.

Chief1987

Crosby is the real deal I’m afraid. BH hung with PAM till final couple mins when everything fell apart. Texas City will be tough.
Got to put all our ducks in a row for the other 4, they are the most winnable games. And just stay healthy against those three possibly sneak out an extra W.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
Honestly, I think we are solid on both sides of the ball. Our weaknesses are snapping and the passing game. Teams will look to try and stack the box on us to stop our running game. Defense I feel, they are pretty solid and will make stops. Us and Nederland look to be about even and it will take whoever plays mistake free. Playing at home will be an advantage and our kicking game will definitely be another advantage. 31-28 PNG Late field goal to win.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
Honestly, I think we are solid on both sides of the ball. Our weaknesses are snapping and the passing game. Teams will look to try and stack the box on us to stop our running game. Defense I feel, they are pretty solid and will make stops. Us and Nederland look to be about even and it will take whoever plays mistake free. Playing at home will be an advantage and our kicking game will definitely be another advantage. 31-28 PNG Late field goal to win.
Also, our running backs are the best I've seen in a long time.

indians87

Ok, I am tired of sugar coating this. PNG is starting to show its true weakness. It is the fact that now days everybody gets a trophy attitude. These kids don’t know how to compete. If they don’t get their way, Mommy and Daddy will make sure they get what they want. That’s why we have 24 cheerleaders also. We don’t want to hurt little Johnny’s or Sally’s feelings. These kids don’t know how to compete for what they want. Until Mommy and Daddy cut the cord and star discipline their kids in the PNGISD we aren’t going to get any better.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Ok, I am tired of sugar coating this. PNG is starting to show its true weakness. It is the fact that now days everybody gets a trophy attitude. These kids don’t know how to compete. If they don’t get their way, Mommy and Daddy will make sure they get what they want. That’s why we have 24 cheerleaders also. We don’t want to hurt little Johnny’s or Sally’s feelings. These kids don’t know how to compete for what they want. Until Mommy and Daddy cut the cord and star discipline their kids in the PNGISD we aren’t going to get any better.
That’s everywhere! It’s the new generation of entitlements and everyone deserves an participation ribbon. Only getting worse.

Indian99

500+ Posts

A lot of truth in these statements. Though I don’t want to stereotype every kid that competes for PNG because I know there’s some generally tough-minded kids out there who work hard to earn their keep. I do see a lot of what you speak to, however, and it does all start with the parents. Unfortunately, you can say that for any school-age kid in America right now. It’s the world we live in right now, I know I just try to do my part and raise my kids to work hard for what they want out of life. No handouts given here!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No offense to the youngsters or parents but in general the good ‘ol USA has a severe case of culture rot. The hard nosed, proven way of hard work, the kind of effort that built this nation, and every football team that was ever great is not so common any longer.

But there is always hope for a revival and some people still get after it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Man we are going off on a tangent…

MC-M. I believe that the Indians have what it takes to take the win. The tape shows the big hosses on the o-line and d-line that flat get after you. The two linebackers #6 and #16 know how to hit and aren’t afraid to do it. The dbs have made some plays but need to tighten up the coverage and look for the ball.

On offense the big guys were hitting toe to toe with that big Tomball line and winning their share of the battles. Right tackle is as good as they get and he’s not done improving yet. Running backs look better than they have since 2015 when Cropper was the back or maybe Preston Hughes in 2017. I still think Faircloth and staff can coach up this passing game. Then it’s up the the QB and receivers to put in the work on the timing.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Are the Indians expected to have everyone back, healthy, and ready to roll? I attended the Tomball game and fans sitting around me mentioned that PN-G had four kids out on defense and the kicker was out. Will we have everyone back? DBs? Kicker? If PN-G has everyone healthy, I like our chances at home. Like always, it will be a close game, back-and-forth, and will come down to a handful of plays. Throw out the won/loss records, both teams will play fast and furious, and both teams could win the game. Go Indians.

Chief1987

Are the Indians expected to have everyone back, healthy, and ready to roll? I attended the Tomball game and fans sitting around me mentioned that PN-G had four kids out on defense and the kicker was out. Will we have everyone back? DBs? Kicker? If PN-G has everyone healthy, I like our chances at home. Like always, it will be a close game, back-and-forth, and will come down to a handful of plays. Throw out the won/loss records, both teams will play fast and furious, and both teams could win the game. Go Indians.
Actually I believe only two were out and the kicker. One starter who came back left this game again for injury. They got work to do to say the least. I believe this is game the boys can win. It’s big Ned for goodness sake. Just go kick there arse.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Some fans may think I am crazy, and PN-G gave up 42 points vs. Tomball, but the defense played OK...they were in position to make stops, but they didn't get it done. The Tomball QB made two long runs and we missed tackles...flat out missed him. We had kids around the football. The pursuit was good. DBs played off the ball and we gave up a lot of space. That can be corrected. Need to tighten up the DBs. I suspect the coaches play off the ball to prevent getting burned deep? I get that, but we give up a lot of real estate off the line of scrimmage and opposing WRs get the ball in open space or over the middle with a DB chasing. Some say we do not have the right kids on the field. Who should get replaced? Or who should be rotated in DBs? CBs? Safeties? LBs? DL? I've only seen the Tomball game. On offense, our WRs did not get separation. Not much speed or quickness at WR. I'm not a coach and I will not pretend to be one, but I would think we could scheme some things to get our kids open. Hard to make throws when the DB is stride for stride with the WR. Also, we had some drops. The ball was catchable and the Indians did not make the grab. That is execution and can be corrected. Also, the snaps at the QBs feet or off to the side caused problems with timing. That should get corrected.

Chief1987

Some fans may think I am crazy, and PN-G gave up 42 points vs. Tomball, but the defense played OK...they were in position to make stops, but they didn't get it done. The Tomball QB made two long runs and we missed tackles...flat out missed him. We had kids around the football. The pursuit was good. DBs played off the ball and we gave up a lot of space. That can be corrected. Need to tighten up the DBs. I suspect the coaches play off the ball to prevent getting burned deep? I get that, but we give up a lot of real estate off the line of scrimmage and opposing WRs get the ball in open space or over the middle with a DB chasing. Some say we do not have the right kids on the field. Who should get replaced? Or who should be rotated in DBs? CBs? Safeties? LBs? DL? I've only seen the Tomball game. On offense, our WRs did not get separation. Not much speed or quickness at WR. I'm not a coach and I will not pretend to be one, but I would think we could scheme some things to get our kids open. Hard to make throws when the DB is stride for stride with the WR. Also, we had some drops. The ball was catchable and the Indians did not make the grab. That is execution and can be corrected. Also, the snaps at the QBs feet or off to the side caused problems with timing. That should get corrected.
My observation is we are weak at one cb spot. Safety play is iffy without #2 on the field. D-line and linebackers have been pretty decent so far. Even kids that rotate in on d-line get the job done. Couple of back ups for d-line are bigger stronger kids than a starter. I say move him to outside lb and start one of them on the line. We also have some growing pains on the o-line in a couple of spots. Nice size kids though. Just need some time I guess. I truly believe we can beat big Ned. We also missing a rb whose a difference maker.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores