17 in the AP polls

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
What does a ranking even mean in high school football? Doesn't the rankings all get sorted out in the playoffs? My guess is its more about "click bait" than anything.

RealIndian1209

I need to see us play somebody worth something to think we are state ranked. The three teams we beat are a combined 2-6 with Lumberton having to cancel the first game. To me a state ranked team wouldn't have struggled with Lumberton and would have put more points on the board. Defense played great but what happens when we play a team that has a better offense then Lumberton.

indianforever

100+ Posts
RealIndian1209 said:
I need to see us play somebody worth something to think we are state ranked. The three teams we beat are a combined 2-6 with Lumberton having to cancel the first game. To me a state ranked team wouldn't have struggled with Lumberton and would have put more points on the board. Defense played great but what happens when we play a team that has a better offense then Lumberton.

Lumberton is better than what people are giving them credit for...they will be in the playoff mix you can mark that down

RealIndian1209

indianforever said:
RealIndian1209 said:

Lumberton is better than what people are giving them credit for...they will be in the playoff mix you can mark that down

We will re-visit this at the end of the year, but Im not saying lumber ton isn't better, I'm just saying to be ranked in the top 25 you would handle a 4th place team (maybe). The score doesn't show how close that game really was.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores