1s District Game

Squaw1

Re: 2nd Distric game

newindianfan said:
Indians 6, Nederland 5, WE WON !!! Way to go INDIANS

It was an awesome game! We had so much fun and nailbiting at the same time! Will miss the next game (other obligations) but hope to see the next one. The crowd was big. The only complaint I have is that they made an announcement "No mechanic noisemakers, horns, etc. because its against UIL rules" and the Nederland fans complied but we had one fan who shook a can of ball bearings the entire game. Besides being disrespectful, it gave us terrible headaches. Since when did Indian fans need any artifical noisemakers???

hookem14

100+ Posts
I was there and I believe the announcement that was made was just referring to the use of horns. And that stopped.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
I was there and I believe the announcement that was made was just referring to the use of horns. And that stopped.

Agreed Hookem, all that was stated was the use of air horns during play.

Squaw1

Justafan said:
hookem14 said:

Agreed Hookem, all that was stated was the use of air horns during play.

What we heard, and we were there also, was "it is against UIL rules to use horns, bells and other mechanical noisemakers."

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
You maybe right Squaw, but all I heard was the use of air horn during play. So that sounded like it was okay during a dead ball or between innings.

hookem14

100+ Posts
According to section 1208 (n) of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules:

MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, Balloons. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

Local school districts are allowed to make more restrictive policies for their stadiums and schools.

Looks like nothing about outdoor facilities
I guess people can use whatever kind of artificial noisemakers they want including air horns as far as the UIL is concerned, as long as its outdoors.

This was an in an email I just received after I inquired about the use of artificial noisemakers at UIL events from:

Traci Neely
University Interscholastic League
Assistant Athletic Director

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores