2010 All District Picks

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Maybe PNG should just ignore both papers, Bmt and PA, and give them no reports on anything the Indians do next year on their way to the state championship. Let them find some interesting facts/stories about Vidor or LCM or Lumberington. Seriously, though, this is why we cancelled both papers.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Maybe PNG should just ignore both papers, Bmt and PA, and give them no reports on anything the Indians do next year on their way to the state championship. Let them find some interesting facts/stories about Vidor or LCM or Lumberington. Seriously, though, this is why we cancelled both papers.
While I can't disagree with your sentiment about these newspapers, this was the coaches All-District selections, not the papers. PA News has the Super Team and BMT has the Super Gold team...I think thats what BMT calls it. We should do well on Super Team selections, we never have in the BMT surprise honors. I still don't understand how the PNG all-time single season receiving yards and receiving TD holder does not make 1st team All- District. Not only does Nelson hold these records, but he was our go to receiver when we HAD to have a catch and made at least one Sports Center type incredible catch every game. Coach Faircloth was definitely the Coach of the , to not receive one vote speaks volumes about the politics behind the voting. Oh well, let the haters hate!

attakapandn

100+ Posts
maybe the district should have voting done by the coaches (and not ther own team players) and sports writers , kinda like MLB does for the hall of fame . need to have the stats included.. for one nelson was number 2 n the district behind jalai in total recp. should be 1st team

BBHS-65

What a crock -- Two very talented players, Kyler Nicotre and Jake Davis, should both have been selected on, at least, the 2nd team. Both are deserving of the recognition!!

oldindian69

Like I stated yesterday........This whole selection process is a bunch of BULL _HIT. FAIRCLOTH NOT EVEN GETTING ONE VOTE FOR COY..........ONLY ONE OL ON 1ST TEAM......NELSON ON 2ND TEAM.........THE VOTERS WERE SMOKING CRACK THAT NIGHT....COY HIS TEAM FINISHED 5TH......MVP HIS TEAM ALSO FINISHED 5TH.....OH WELL MAYBE NEXT YEAR THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT........NEEDS TO BE TALKED ABOUT @ THE COACHES SPRING MEETING......BS...BS...BS...BS...AND MORE BS...

hookem14

100+ Posts
BBHS-65 said:
What a crock -- Two very talented players, Kyler Nicotre and Jake Davis, should both have been selected on, at least, the 2nd team. Both are deserving of the recognition!!
NO DOUBT !!!!

akifan94

500+ Posts
It is just a popularity contest. The coaches (others in the district not ours) should be ashamed for not recognizing the players that deserved the recognition. Hopefully the PANews will make things right and not sleep walk throught the picks.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I believe the all-dist. picks have been picked this way for a long time. The real test of talent/performence is who gets D1 offers and who is all-state.

I don't ever remember PNG having such few All-dist. players on such a deep playoff team.

I am curious as to why this year? I know my eyes are tinted purple -I hope I am not purple blind! I like many thought the oline was great - maybe the best ever.

No clue

oldindian69

Bark...I totally agree with you about the O-LINE......Those 5 who started the season are probably the BEST O-LINE PNG has ever seen. I have seen alot of PNG football and have not seen 5 guys accomplish what they have. Rushing,passing,receiving.......The total number of catches in a season was nearly doubled.....Two receivers breaking records....A running back who is now 2nd on the all-time PNG rushing chart for a season,passing Harmon's record which was set last season.( The same 5 guys helped in establishing that record). Doty....You cannot say anything about him that has not already been said. Like I said in an earlier post I have no dog in this fight but those 5 guys deserve some kind of special award not voted on by the 7 other coaches in district. GREAT JOB BY THE 5 GUYS WHO STARTED THE SEASON.....

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The All-District selections were listed in the Port Arthur News today and even the PANews knows more about who should have been selected than the coaches of 20-4A. There is a page with 7 pictures of people who made All-District. At the top of this page it says "Plenty of Worthy Honorees and A Few Giant Omissions" The "A Few Giant Omissions" is in purple and the largest picture on the page is of Jayce Nelson and the caption under the picture states "PN-G junior Jayne Nelson led 20-4A with an Indian school record 1,140 receiving yards yet received second-team recognition in the coach's' all-district vote." Now you tell me what they are trying to say?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores