2010 Football Season Ticket Information and Sales Schedule

NDN06

100+ Posts
I went today to get my very first set of season tickets!! (I was lucky enough to have someone transfer their seats to me ;D ) If you haven't picked yours up yet and are wanting reserved seats for the Ned game you better hurry... I was there at 8 this morning and it was slim pickin's! (only rows 1 and 2 left... kind of crappy but it's still a seat)

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
That is a good question. Call 722-4244 ext. 1720..that is the number on my season ticket renewal form. I know the week of the Nederland game they check driver licenses so they can't sit on our side.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
Traded my seats this morning and got some pretty decent seats.

For those who experienced the rude lady I know exactly whom you are talking about. It was HOT and humid out there and a couple of people opened the door to the admin. building to get a lil A/C. She apparently didn't like it and came and closed and locked the door.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm sure she's frustrated at a time like this, but if she can't handle the job with a decent attitude, she should seek another profession.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Seems that all this stuff could be handled easily online, sort of a stubhub for high school tickets.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I heard the first person in line for trade days arrived at 8 the night before. The fourth one got there around 2am Monday.

It sounds like very few tickets for the Alamodome game have been sold since the last time I posted about it. Do we realize, that game is less than 5 weeks away.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
It is a great experience for the students no doubt, but it is a haul for Indian Fans to make (lodging, fuel, meals etc.). I imagine many will make their decision a week or so before the game.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
I heard the first person in line for trade days arrived at 8 the night before. The fourth one got there around 2am Monday.

It sounds like very few tickets for the Alamodome game have been sold since the last time I posted about it. Do we realize, that game is less than 5 weeks away.

Negative, I drove by at 9 the night before and no one was there. The first lady in line arrived at 2AM then the next person arrived 15 mins later and then 30 mins the 3rd person arrived and then my friend and I arrived at 3:45 or so.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
It is a great experience for the students no doubt, but it is a haul for Indian Fans to make (lodging, fuel, meals etc.). I imagine many will make their decision a week or so before the game.

Yes it is going to cost us a pretty penny for this trip. When you count 4 kids and 2 adults with hotel and food alone not to mention the gas.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
PNG NDN Fan said:

Yes it is going to cost us a pretty penny for this trip. When you count 4 kids and 2 adults with hotel and food alone not to mention the gas.
But what a once-in-a-lifetime experience! This will give creditation to not only the team and the fans, but the schools as well. They need buses for those who wanna just come and go and not spend the night. We have many seniors that can't drive that far, but are able to come on a bus. Is anybody arranging for this?

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Out of curiosity, I called Suntravel in Bmt. they are the ones being used by the school. The cost of a bus is $1890 and it holds 55 people.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Thats a avg of $35.00 per person. Not bad considering you don't have to pay for gas, hotel...etc.

Go ahead and book one!!!! lol

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
squaw said:
NDN NATION said:
PNG NDN Fan said:

But what a once-in-a-lifetime experience! This will give creditation to not only the team and the fans, but the schools as well. They need buses for those who wanna just come and go and not spend the night. We have many seniors that can't drive that far, but are able to come on a bus. Is anybody arranging for this?

We wouldn't miss this trip for anything in the world no matter what the cost is. But I do have a friend that will have to miss this game because he cannot afford the expense at this time.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
hate to hear that someone can't go due to finances. The bus may be a great idea, if enough people were willing to ride on it. I broguht up the idea of a church or booster club heading this up since they could do a better job of advertising.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
LOVE the bus idea!! Do any of the churches in PN and Groves still have buses? If so, maybe they could be used to transport fans to and from the game, for a small fee to cover gas of course, just a thought. Even the large vans would work too. It would just be a shame for people to miss this game because of transportation issues.

Also, maybe folks are saving their money for the trip to Texas Stadium in December!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Here is an article from the P.A. News about the line Tuesday for PNG new season tickets and general public ticket sales.

July 27, 2010
Purple raincoats protect PN-G fans in long ticket line

Darragh Doiron The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES — When Adam Carter of Port Neches hauled out his chair and a thick book to the ticket line at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, he thought he might be, say, third, in line. He wasn’t, even though he’d had a taste of Purple Pride the day before, when he unsuccessfully tried to exchange tickets for an out-of-town buddy.

He just kept moving the chair, and turning the pages of Don Quixote as he progressed to the front of the long line for Port Neches-Groves High School football tickets.

The big turnout for the best seats is nothing new for Idelle Dietrich and Becky Romero, who worked inside the administration building, and allowed patient purchasers a chance to use the bathroom down the hall. They reported someone started the line about 3 or 4 p.m. Monday afternoon. Several people were ahead of Carter, who planned to outfit his family with choice seats. He said he didn’t bring food.

“I didn’t think I’d need to,” he said.

One early-comer reported sitting through a lightning storm. Others were wrapped in purple raincoats in the sketchy morning weather.

“We all bleed purple up here,” Laurie Martin of Port Neches said.

Loretta Dumesnil and her Indianette daughter Lindsey of Port Neches said they were “maybe a little” passionate about supporting PN-G and Paige Drewett of Port Neches indicated more of the same.

“I want my kids to go here,” she said.

Christine Barrows of Port Neches said she planned to pay for tickets and head to bed after her mission, which began at 3 a.m. While some fans left the line for donuts, others waited on empty stomachs. Judy Havens of Port Neches said a school group could “make a killing” selling bottled water to parched purple fans.

The PN-G Indians are playing in a still-new stadium that Romero said hasn’t completely sold out. The season can support 7,500 but on this day she ventured a “good guess” that about 1,300 tickets would go through her window. Longtime supporters want the choice seats from which to view their beloved Indians win, she said.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores