2010 Schedule Predictions

bandkid

Staff member
I know it's really early, but who do you think we'll be playing in preseason next year (besides El Paso Hanks) and what are your predictions for realignment?

I'm hearing that Baytown Lee and Baytown Sterling are going to drop to 4A. If this is true, I think they're going to send us Barbers Hill and Dayton and put Livingston in 19-4A. If 20-4A becomes a nine school district, I think there's a good chance that we'll play a strong 4A such as Crosby in preseason or possibly a local 5A, meaning either Memorial or West Brook.

If that's the schedule (yes, I know it's really early and this is completely circumstantial - I just can't wait for next year ;D), Indians go at least 7-3 (6-2), but I'm thinking 8-2 (7-1) sounds more likely.

Of course, there's always that chance that we can go 10-0 again... noone (besides JB) would have said that this year and look how it turned out....

badndn

500+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Personally... I would love to see the Indians put Friendswood on their preseason schedule.
I second that!!!
Only problem is they play in a small stadium. ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
bandkid said:
I know it's really early, but who do you think we'll be playing in preseason next year (besides El Paso Hanks) and what are your predictions for realignment?

I'm hearing that Baytown Lee and Baytown Sterling are going to drop to 4A. If this is true, I think they're going to send us Barbers Hill and Dayton and put Livingston in 19-4A. If 20-4A becomes a nine school district, I think there's a good chance that we'll play a strong 4A such as Crosby in preseason or possibly a local 5A, meaning either Memorial or West Brook.

If that's the schedule (yes, I know it's really early and this is completely circumstantial - I just can't wait for next year ;D), Indians go at least 7-3 (6-2), but I'm thinking 8-2 (7-1) sounds more likely.

Of course, there's always that chance that we can go 10-0 again... noone (besides JB) would have said that this year and look how it turned out....

JB wasn't the only one who predicted 10-0. If the Indians pulled it off this season, the odds to do it again next year are good.

bandkid

Staff member
Whoever we end up playing, you can bet that they'll be solid. I don't think Coach Faircloth and his staff are going to be willing to settle for a "cupcake" schedule like some other teams do.

Brenham and Friendswood are both eligible teams, in my opinion. Others to think about are Crosby, Dayton (if they're not going to be in our district), Angleton, La Marque, and Texas City, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we saw Galveston Ball on the schedule.

N

NDNPARENT

i think Coach is wanting to put a 5A school as the preseason game . If we are going to be recongize statewide we should play some %A schools and beat them.. that will get us up in the rankings like Longview and others. I personally would like to play the La Porte Bulldogs since that is my Bro n laws school and my newphew will be playing for them .

WB, Memorial would be good games,

Longview, Brenham, Friendswood would be good ones too.

NDN79

500+ Posts
How about Odessa Permian, Plano, or some of the top tier Dallas/Houston area schools that are always in the top 10. Our problem is going to be that some of the top programs will shy-away from a game with us because of our fan following. Our fans will go anywhere, and some of these top programs will not want to take that chance. It will certainly be interesting and exciting to see how it all plys out.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Man, I would LOVE to see Coach Faircloth set up a game between us and Odessa-Permian! I'm sure they would love to see him again, and I know the fans would go CRAZY for it! Plus, a rematch is LONG overdue ;D!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
There are plenty of quality opponents in the Houston area to choose from. I remember when PAM played Midland Lee in a home and home series a few years ago. Not the brightest of scheduling decisions from travel/cost standpoint.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
A game against Permian would be very expensive for the school, even i we met half way. The district is struggling to pay for the Fall Classic. That being said, I would love to see us play Permian. I think scheduling 2 really strong 5As followed by an easier warm-up game just prior to starting district would be a great option. We would probably start district 1-2, but would pay dividends when playing speedy 4A programs. It's not about 10-0 near as much as it is about going deep in the playoffs.

BIG ATT

Yeah!!! Great idea!!! Let's schedule some BIG 5A Dallas and Houston schools to play in the predistrict and get half of the team hurt. Better yet, pick a school where half of the players have already committed to Division 1 colleges! Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandkid

Staff member
BIG ATT said:
Yeah!!! Great idea!!! Let's schedule some BIG 5A Dallas and Houston schools to play in the predistrict and get half of the team hurt. Better yet, pick a school where half of the players have already committed to Division 1 colleges! Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone said anything about the overly large 5A schools. The largest school mentioned that I can find is 5A Galveston Ball, and Central had them scheduled as a preseason opponent for the '08 and '09 seasons. We were talking about strong 5As like Ball and West Brook, not like North Shore.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores