2012/2013 Golf Team

87indian

The 2012/2013 Golf team will begin their quest for a State Championship next Monday 10/8/2012 in Austin @ The Fall State Preview @ Onion Creek Country Club.This group of young men are very capable of bringing a Title home next Spring.This will be the 1st of many tournaments for them before the District Tournament and I want to wish them all Good Luck!!Tee it up and let it fly guys!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
87indian said:
The 2012/2013 Golf team will begin their quest for a State Championship next Monday 10/8/2012 in Austin @ The Fall State Preview @ Onion Creek Country Club.This group of young men are very capable of bringing a Title home next Spring.This will be the 1st of many tournaments for them before the District Tournament and I want to wish them all Good Luck!!Tee it up and let it fly guys!!
???????????????????????????????????????????????
this should give them a better "feel" for a quality golf course as compared to the Babe, Bayou Din, etc...

I have been told that the team is GREAT but if they could practice on courses the same quality of the State Tourney it would help. As a golfer, strike the ball correctly on a fairway at the Babe and you will dislocate your shoulder, the ground is like cement.

Keep up the tradition.

You are exactly right Bark,that is why the Varsity Golf Team will be playing tournaments at some of the toughest Courses in the State with much better competition.Not knocking any teams in our District,because Nederland should have a pretty good team as well.But I know these kids on the team and they all played in Junior tournaments all over the state of Texas this past summer and did very well.

bandkid

Staff member
Hopefully there's another state tournament appearance in the works. Good luck and scalp 'em.

bark

1,000+ Posts
transplant tribesman said:
You are exactly right Bark,that is why the Varsity Golf Team will be playing tournaments at some of the toughest Courses in the State with much better competition.Not knocking any teams in our District,because Nederland should have a pretty good team as well.But I know these kids on the team and they all played in Junior tournaments all over the state of Texas this past summer and did very well.
?????????????????????????????????????????
we have always had a great golf team, as a golfer, I wish they would get more recognition besides Bob who does a good job in his weekly golf article.

If you think about the good HS golfers we have had over the years - with no golf course in PN and a 9 holer in Groves The coaching staff does a unreal job as does Ed with his Jr. Tourneys in the summer. BC needs to step in and give these boys some trips to the Houston area and play top notch courses.

REALLY GREAT TEAM!!!!Can't say enough about them.

:clap: :clap: The Varsity Golf Team will be playing some nice courses
Here is a Schedule:

October 8,2012-Onion Creek (Austin)Fall State Preview (36 Holes)
November16-17,2012 Central Texas Shootout(Waco)
November30-December1,2012 Panther Invitational (Lufkin)
Jan.21-Jan.22,2013 Klein ISD (Spring)
Feb.8-Feb.9,2013 Mgnolia Shootout (Magnolia)
Feb.25,2013- 4a Spring Preview (Austin) Onion Creek
Mar.8-Mar9,2013 Mid County Invitational (The Babe-Bell Oaks)
Mar29,2013-Mar.30,2013 Huntsville (Ravens Nest-Elkins Lake)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores