2013 Baseball

lu cards

100+ Posts
no spoiled brats on this years basketball team!!every school has a few as does png but we got a lot of good kids to.we also have to remember these are kids not adults.hold them accountable but dont condemn them for life.

bark

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
bark said:
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:
4 DAYS......NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOR WHAT HE SAID.........BF WAS EASY ON HIM.............DO YOU THINK HE LEARNED A LESSON?..........WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE..........LOOK OUT STARTERS YOU ALL WILL BE SITTING THE BENCH.......WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE......PN-G IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS..........BF WAKE UP ..... SCHOOL BOARD WAKE UP......

Laughing Stock?? Everyone I have spoken with has commended the district for not allowing the kids to run off a coach. The laughing I have heard is our kids at PNG are spoiled little babies and are nothing but pansies. And from what I see that is a correct statement.
Having kids in the district and programs within the district I take offence to your statement. For example, Justin Reasons is a spoiled babie? Brannon Doty? Harmon? Austin Stone? Lunsford and on and on.

We may have a different group of folks you are hearing this from - I truly have not heard this.

Talking about this year!!
?????????????????????
So I have this correct - all student/athletes this year are babies and pansies. Reasons, Peveto and the rest pf the group this year are babies and pansies?

What about the girl student/athletes pansies and babies too I guess.

hookem14

100+ Posts
justafan said:
attakapandn said:
bark said:
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:
4 DAYS......NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOR WHAT HE SAID.........BF WAS EASY ON HIM.............DO YOU THINK HE LEARNED A LESSON?..........WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE..........LOOK OUT STARTERS YOU ALL WILL BE SITTING THE BENCH.......WHAT AN A_ _ HOLE......PN-G IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS..........BF WAKE UP ..... SCHOOL BOARD WAKE UP......

Laughing Stock?? Everyone I have spoken with has commended the district for not allowing the kids to run off a coach. The laughing I have heard is our kids at PNG are spoiled little babies and are nothing but pansies. And from what I see that is a correct statement.
Having kids in the district and programs within the district I take offence to your statement. For example, Justin Reasons is a spoiled babie? Brannon Doty? Harmon? Austin Stone? Lunsford and on and on.

We may have a different group of folks you are hearing this from - I truly have not heard this.

I agree with you Bark!

After years of reading yours and Barks post I can see why you don't agree. You guys complain just to hear yourselves complain.
+1

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
justafan said:
bark said:
justafan said:
oldindian69 said:

Talking about this year!!
?????????????????????
So I have this correct - all student/athletes this year are babies and pansies. Reasons, Peveto and the rest pf the group this year are babies and pansies?

What about the girl student/athletes pansies and babies too I guess.
WOW!!! Simply Unbelievable

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Whats that Hookem?

Bark, read the comments on the lonk that prepballfan posted. read what people OUTSIDE of PNG think about us, but don't read it with your purple tinted glasses.

hookem14

100+ Posts
justafan said:
Whats that Hookem?

Bark, read the comments on the lonk that prepballfan posted. read what people OUTSIDE of PNG think about us, but don't read it with your purple tinted glreares.
I was referring to Bark's comments...Simply Amazing!

bandkid

Staff member
prepballfan said:

You know, I'm automatically skeptical of the credibility of any news organization that doesn't have its facts straight enough to know that it's Port Neches-Groves, and even an organization with the size and influence of Yahoo is not above that scrutiny.

That said, this is virtually a dead issue. Coach Brevell, rightfully, is still at the helm of the baseball team. The players who did this, I'm sure, either have been dealt with or or will be dealt with. The best thing that can happen at this point is for all parties involved to forget about it and move on for the sake of the season.

Likewise, I would hope people commenting on this site would realize this as well and at least temper their posts as to avoid damaging the PN-G community's reputation any further, as it's become obvious that this site is now being watched by the media for comments.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone who posts on a message board should think twice before clicking the post button. I'm not sure everyone stops to think that a lot of people are going to be reading what they say, and it's there to stay.

NDN06

100+ Posts
Not sure what the incorrect statements were, but nice to finally see what the content of the disagreement was. I don't blame him at all... I think our coaches work their asses off and spend a ton of time away from home and their families. That's why PNG has traditionally had great teams. It's time for kids to wake up and realize that the coach is the boss. Period. Practice is part of playing the game, can't quite figure out why the kids made it such a big deal. They should have expected a reprimand for not being ready. (That's how it worked when i was in school.) I think the comments on yahoo from a bunch of outsiders is pretty telling. Glad the coach is still here, and I hope they can put it behind them, FORGIVE one another, and make the most of this season.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine a co-worker at your company secretly recording something their manager said in a private work setting, then going over their head with it and even handing it over to local media. What were the kid(s) and parents thinking? And how is any trust level among coaches and fellow players going to be re-established? The answer is maybe it can't. That's a level of betrayal and spite that can't be glossed over.

It's probably best for those players to move on and let the team, school and community put this behind them and focus on the future. Let the players who are committed to sacrificing and winning give their all to the team and game. If you don't want the coach yelling at you, get your act together and follow the plan. Better to be kicked in the rear and taught a lesson, and maybe establish a solid work ethic at 16-18 years old rather than 20 or 30-something.

Between parents and school and city politics, PN-G will be lucky to have any good coaches if this keeps up.

png94

100+ Posts
West Brook 6, Indians 4 last night. Had 4 errors and some walks that hurt us. Hopefully the boys will get all the bugs out before district.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
bark said:
png94 said:
Kinda quiet on here. What are your predictions on our 3 teams this year? Lots of new faces to fill the shoes of that very good defense we had last year. First scrimmages today. Varsity at home at 4, Soph at 4 @ West Brook, JV at WB at 6. Lets go Indians! :shout:
?????????????????????????????????
the BB coach that I spoke with said that a few good arms in lower clrear group and a good group of 9th graders comming up - Henry kid and MANY OTHER 9th graders on JV - I am told. Next year there is a Hanks kid that they say is a pitching phenom.

If it's the same kid I'm thinking about, saw him pitch the other day. Sorry, but not impressed... at all. Walked a bunch, w/ a lot of really high pitches. Off day? perhaps. Seems like a fair-good player. Not seeing the D-1 aspect though.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Yes, he is a good guy and to end a Head Couching career on a somewhat of a sour note has to be tuff. He'll be OK, stay there 5/6 years and go home retired.

Kinda like Matt Burnett.

turn2

This job should attract some good coaches,we will see how Faircloth will handle this one, will he go for a football first coach or open it up for a baseball guy. tons of talent coming down the pipe for whoever comes in.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores