2017 Indian Football

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Now that baseball season is done with another school state championship in the trophy case, and 7 on 7 action taking place, let's talk some football.

Offensive players back from last season:
(Starters and significant playing time)
QB -Roschon Johnson
RB - Preston Hughes
RB - Gavin Deslatte (soph)
WR - Preston Riggs
RB\TE -Holden Lane
RB- Andrew Hebert
C- Justice Langston
G - John Nichols
T - Josh Hranicky
WR- Cameron Stansbury (def starter last season)

Defensive players back from last year:
T - Logan Hammonds
T - Sergio Ayala
LB- Austin Bost
LB- Alex Leboeuf
LB- Andrew English

What other first time varsity players do you expect to be a force this year?

hookem14

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Now that baseball season is done with another school state championship in the trophy case, and 7 on 7 action taking place, let's talk some football.

Offensive players back from last season:
(Starters and significant playing time)
QB -Roschon Johnson
RB - Preston Hughes
RB - Gavin Deslatte (soph)
WR - Preston Riggs
RB\TE -Holden Lane
RB- Andrew Hebert
C- Justice Langston
G - John Nichols
T - Josh Hranicky
WR- Cameron Stansbury (def starter last season)

Defensive players back from last year:
T - Logan Hammonds
T - Sergio Ayala
LB- Austin Bost
LB- Alex Leboeuf
LB- Andrew English

What other first time varsity players do you expect to be a force this year?
Hughes will split time between RB and WR
Lane and Hebert both play the same H-Back/TE position
Langston moved and will not be on the team
English moved to DE

I'll get back to other impact players later!

RoschonsBigBro

The hope has got to be that Deslatte can be effective on his own and that the D can bend but not break. I doubt any crazily effective athlete is coming up from jv so the coaches got to put guys in position and they will have to do their indiv. job and make plays.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard that there are at least a couple of very promising young players that could have an impact. One at running back, and one at linebacker. I don't remember the names.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Hearing the 10th grade LB is a tackling machine. Looking forward to seeing this

RealIndian1209

Hey what about that Dakota Baxter kid? He was on varsity as sophomore and got some PT last year at DB. Is he still playing or did he move since nobody is bring his name up?

hookem14

100+ Posts
RealIndian1209 said:
Hey what about that Dakota Baxter kid? He was on varsity as sophomore and got some PT last year at DB. Is he still playing or did he move since nobody is bring his name up?
He's playing, he will be one of the starting cornerbacks, he's nursing a mild injury right now. Should be fine.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
What about the freshman RB from last year. His name wasn't mentioned in DCTF while the sophomore LB was mentioned.

twrpng

100+ Posts
Gavin is the running backs name , he's looking really good , Gavin and Hughes will be the running backs. Hughes will be playing both back and receiving

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I hope the RB run game is rock solid. We need to run the QB less and keep him healthy for the long haul. If this team can avoid injuries, it will be another great year to follow the Indians. This team has several tough kids who do not let adversity drag them down; they have leaders with a winning mindset...and it helps that they have some talent, too, e.g., Bost, Johnson, Hranicky, Hughes, and Riggs.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Anyone going to the PN-G vs. WO-S scrimmage? Please take five minutes and post a recap for the out-of-town fans. Thanks.

Go Indians. Peace.

RealIndian1209

Went to the Fired Up Pep Rally last night with the family and noticed how many sophomores were on Varsity. It had to be closer to 12-15 kids. So that either tells me that these kids are good or we are lacking depth big time.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores