2023 TSWA 5A Alll-State

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to these PN-G recipients! Well deserved! But for that defense to only have two honorable mentions and only one recognized player on the offensive line is questionable. But realize this, the ENTIRE TEAM are STATE CHAMPS! They beat them all and multiple starters are all-state caliber.

Coach of The Year - Jeff Joseph
1st Team Running Back - Isaiah Nguyen
3rd Team Offensive Tackle - Jackson Christian
HM Defense - Jonathan Hernandez
HM Defense - Reid Richard

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The selections prove once again that the metro area schools with more sportswriters do benefit. How the state champion, that had some very impressive players, would have equal or fewer selections than other teams that they beat, or that did not win the championship, is ridiculous.

Mason Wuenschel, Jacob Cabrera, Mario Miguel, and Aaron Wolford are all top notch.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Congratulations to Coach Joseph, Isaiah Nguyen, Jackson Christian, Jonathan Hernandez, and Reid Richard. IndianFan, I agree with you. How can they miss out on Mason Wuenschel, Jacob Cabrera, Mario Miguel, Aaron Wolford, Andres Fuentes, Connor Bailey, Giovanni Oceguera, and I could go on and on with others? All that I can say to the returning kids is, you were slighted. Go kick some ass in 2024 and defend your state title. Force them to say your name!

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
But in reality
Not bad for being all of 5A
Cabrera was one of the most powerful DL I’ve ever seen
Man he was/is strong
Big key to our D the last 2 years.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Page added on web site for future reference.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
AWESOME! You do a great job for the PNG community!
Thanks. Just reporting and archiving reality for present and future. ;)

People forget or maybe take it for granted that details about seasons and players will be available in the future. But time has a way of dulling memories and details. And you can’t depend on the limited news articles remaining accessible.

Having said that, it’s a continuing work in progress with adding and refining information.

For example, I discovered another player that was named all-state in the 50s that’s not on the published list. 70+ years ago newspapers had much more clout with major publications like the Fort Worth Star Telegram, Waco Tribune, etc who listed their own all-state teams. Texas high school football history is broad and elusive.

More site improvements to come during the offseason.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores