7 on 7 State Tournament

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Per the 7v7 website (thanks to badndn for the link), game one vs. Plano did not go so well.

PN-G 13
Plano 39

Onward and upward. Now that we got our first game out of the way, we will come out and play well. Have faith in our kids.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Per the 7v7 website (thanks to badndn for the link), game one vs. Plano did not go so well.

PN-G 13
Plano 39

Onward and upward. Now that we got our first game out of the way, we will come out and play well. Have faith in our kids.

Go Indians. Peace.
Yep, got to have faith. These guys haven't been to a high pressure situation as high school athletes. I believe this exposure will help them as this season rolls around.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Another loss to Houston Lamar 26-19

Still believe the experience will benefit us down the road.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I agree.
These boys have made a very big statement for our district. Proud of them no matter what !
So true! There were others teams that went 0 & 3. The experience is invaluable plus it is so much fun to follow, they will start winning. May take a year to "figure" it out but from what I am told this group is done great on the sub varsity level and they will bump it to the next level.

Looking forward to a ride like 75&99, pack the truck and watch some football

png94

100+ Posts
What a great experience for the guys. They did play some tough competition and I dont think they played the best like they did a few tournaments ago. I think that is partly because they havent been practicing like they did during the school year. Also some of the teams there played a defense that is specificly for 7 on 7, but we played our base defense so that we could be prepared for the regular season. Time to take a break and get ready for 2 a days. Looking forward to these guys going back to State next yr.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds Like Morse tweaked his back as well which may have shifted momentum.

Great job getting there. No shame in falling short on the score in that situation.

png94

100+ Posts
Yes he had a pulled muscle and is doing good. He was at McNeese camp yesterday with no issues. I know these boys are itching for Aug 4th. Praying for all the boys to have a healthy season

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Tribe - how do you see the OL and DL filling out this season? The line of scrimmage is where games are usually won or lost. The years in which PN-G has had good OL and DL, the Indians have enjoyed lots of success. Huge holes for the RBs and time for the QB to throw down the field = PN-G wins. A DL that plays the run well and gets after the QB = PN-G wins. Let's hear some noise about the OL and DL. Thanks.

Go Indians. Peace.

png94

100+ Posts
Our Offensive line will be young, but athletic. We will have Benoit back at Center with a couple of Jr's and a Soph working at Tackles, and either a Jr and Sr at guards, or Jr's for both. The new coach Medlock is full of fire and pushes these guys hard. I believe a couple of them run a 4.9 or 5.0 40 time. The defensive line should be good with good size and quickness. Looking forward to seeing these guys and what they can do. I sure hope we run some 4-3 this year. Your right, it starts in the trenches.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores