#8 Nederland Bulldogs at Port Neches-Groves Indians

15PNG

500+ Posts
TD PN-G 27-12 - we missed the extra point again. He just said the snap was bad again...... :faint:

15PNG

500+ Posts
high snap on the punt, but kicker caught it - I don't get it, have we had this problem this year?

PNG PRIDE

The starting center tonight was Aaron Orozco. Our regular center number 55 Allan Soriano was playing guard until late in the 4th quarter and they put in back in as center. Much to late.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
PNG PRIDE said:
The starting center tonight was Aaron Orozco. Our regular center number 55 Allan Soriano was playing guard until late in the 4th quarter and they put in back in as center. Much to late.

My heart goes out to Aaron. Keep your head up kid. Those bulldogs were big up front!!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Well..... Did we at least win the halftime performance?

???

Yes, I attended the game and the band looked and sounded great. The Indianettes are part of the halftime drill with the band and filled up the entire field with colorful flags. The music selection - in my opinion - is MUCH better than in recent years. Lot less about being concert band on the field and more entertaining to watch. I think the kids are enjoying the music selection, I know I would.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Coach has got to change his philosophy about the defense. Watching Nederlands Defense compaired to ours is like night and day. Any passing team is going to kill us when we play off the receivers 10 yards every play. It is heart breaking watching the boys give it their all and are not being put into the position to win. Big changes need to happen on that side of the ball. I thought with the off season program we'd be bigger, strong and faster, but that hasn't happened. I feel we are weaker.

NDN06

100+ Posts
Tough loss. It always is against Ned. However, to be honest, I think we played much better on Defense tonight than we have recently. The tackles seemed a lot more solid, and, while we weren't deflecting or intercepting passes, we were playing close enough to make tackles rather than let the WRs gets away with a long run. I also was not impressed with "the almighty nederland defense". let's be honest- We've been playing sloppy ball on offense all season, and we looked 'normal' in that regard. I don't feel like nederland really did anything on D to change our performance. I hate to say it, but if their defense is as good as they've been saying, there's no way we should have scored 12 points. Our stupid penalties and turnovers are what gave them the huge lead. If we had scored when we were in the red, rather than throwing a pick 6, this game could have ended in a win. (Sorry if this analysis bothers anyone, it's jmo)

I am still proud of our boys for staying in it. It was a good time, as always! And how about the pre-game video?! That was pretty sweet!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
At least they put up a good fight. A limited running game and the turnovers need to improve to have a shot at outscoring anyone. Start working hard and take the win next season.

Team Stats
Nederland Port Neches-Groves
Total yards 389 273
First downs 18 15
Rushes/Yds 39/204 32/104
Average rush 5.23 3.25
Comp/Atts 9/17/0 13/27/2
Pass yards 185 169
Comp pct 52.94 48.15
Punts 2 5
Punting Yards 65 178
Punting Average 32.5 35.6
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 5/1
Penalties-yards 8-76 5-60

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Me and some family members went and watched the Vidor/Central game lastnight and wow!!! Them boys from Vidor had the QB from Central running for his life the whole game. They are smaller than us, but boy can they tackle in the open field. AJ better scrap his chin strap tightly. Montana Q is the real deal!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores