A CAKE WALK!

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
With all the talk about BH and how we should roll big time I am wondering at what point you have to stop and say from here on out no team will be a cake walk.Just a clear memory of a playoff team that played years ago that got beat 13 to 10. I remember toilet paper in the hallway at the hotel,matresses on the balcony.I just don't want this team to underestimate their opponent and would like to see some of your comments on this.Now I am not saying this 2010 Indian team will do this but just seeking your thoughts.

phetonb

purplewarrior said:
With all the talk about BH and how we should roll big time I am wondering at what point you have to stop and say from here on out no team will be a cake walk.Just a clear memory of a playoff team that played years ago that got beat 13 to 10. I remember toilet paper in the hallway at the hotel,matresses on the balcony.I just don't want this team to underestimate their opponent and would like to see some of your comments on this.Now I am not saying this 2010 Indian team will do this but just seeking your thoughts.

Good point purple,

Each game from now on will require 110% effort and execution. Any less, and we could be beat.
BH may not look good on paper, but for 48 min anything can happen. Our Indians must remain focused and execute each play like it may be their last.

Do that, and we should be victorious each week and move on to the next level.

110% effort by our Indians will bring home a victory over BH. 3-0 is all it will take, but 50-0 or 50-49 is fine by me, so long as we have one more point than they do.

PurpleNDN

This is the playoffs and if you dont give 110% each play there will be no next week. I am sure our coaches will have the team ready to play. Its the fans that are saying we should win. The way this season has gone anything can happen. AS long as the Indians play their game they will come home with a victory. Cant have any bad penalties that kill drives or extend their drives. GO INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
As long as our boys play to win and give 112% they should be good. All it takes is 1 point more than BH to win.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I have no doubt that Coach Faircloth and his great staff of coaches will have the boys prepared each week. We have been in play-off mode for the last 5 weeks and during that time NOTHING and / or NO ONE has been taken for granted.I feel that if the Indians continue as they have these last 5 weeks, then they will definitely be victorious!!

Torino

500+ Posts
phetonb said:
purplewarrior said:

Good point purple,

Each game from now on will require 110% effort and execution. Any less, and we could be beat.
BH may not look good on paper, but for 48 min anything can happen. Our Indians must remain focused and execute each play like it may be their last.

110% effort by our Indians will bring home a victory over BH. 3-0 is all it will take, but 50-0 or 50-49 is fine by me, so long as we have one more point than they do.
We need an easy win against BH, and in this day of 4 teams per district in the playoffs there are occasional mismatches.. I feel that a big reason for our loss to Brenham last year was running Harmon 40 times vs. Barber's Hill. I understood the necessity of doing it--we couldn't move the ball any other way--but he didn't seem to have the legs necessary against Brenham. We need to keep Bertrand fresh, so hopefully the passing game will carry the day this week.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
maybe the coach will split time between Bertrand and Miller. Miller did an excellent job in the 4th Qtr last week..

carzan

500+ Posts
Torino said:
phetonb said:
purplewarrior said:

Good point purple,

We need an easy win against BH, and in this day of 4 teams per district in the playoffs there are occasional mismatches.. I feel that a big reason for our loss to Brenham last year was running Harmon 40 times vs. Barber's Hill. I understood the necessity of doing it--we couldn't move the ball any other way--but he didn't seem to have the legs necessary against Brenham. We need to keep Bertrand fresh, so hopefully the passing game will carry the day this week.

We knew going into the Brenham game that we weren't going to run the ball on them. It had nothing to do with Caleb being tired or worn out.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
From watching the video, the back-up RB ran well ... ran hard and held on to the ball. That's the RB's job ... to run hard and hang on to the ball. If the opportunities present themselves in the playoffs, I hope the back-ups get some playing time. Develop all the depth you can for a 6-week run ... win and survive ... lose and go home. If we reach the 3rd round, you will see 25,000+ Indians flooding the stadium wherever we play. The more kids that get a taste of playoff football the more will come out in 2011. If we get 3+ rounds deep, we'll have 300 kids out for football next year in grades 9-12. Everyone loves a winner. It all starts today in practice. Get a good week of practice and then go scalp some Eagles next Friday.

Go Indians. Peace.

Torino

500+ Posts
carzan said:
Torino said:
phetonb said:
purplewarrior said:

Good point purple,

We knew going into the Brenham game that we weren't going to run the ball on them. It had nothing to do with Caleb being tired or worn out.
I thought we knew that passing would be difficult since Brenham had 3 NCAA Division I DBs and a D-I LB. After getting behind 20-0 in the second quarter we didn't have many options but to throw.
Anyway, let's hope we have a good win and can save something for later games.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
From what I understand, the coaches knew going in that it would be very difficult running the ball and were going to rely on the pass. Brenham also had some stud def ends and their def tackle that is a sr this year is considered by some to be te best in the state. Harmon being tired was not a factor in the game plan.

carzan

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
From what I understand, the coaches knew going in that it would be very difficult running the ball and were going to rely on the pass. Brenham also had some stud def ends and their def tackle that is a sr this year is considered by some to be te best in the state. Harmon being tired was not a factor in the game plan.

;)

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
As someone else said - no Cake Walks in the playoffs. We need to take one week at a time. Last week against the Jags the team was firing on all cylinders on both offense and defense. Keep the penalties/turnovers to a minimum and bring that same level of effort in to each week and we should have a good playoff run. The INDIAN NATION is ready for the ride. INDIANS lets go cook some Eagles this week. GO INDIANS !!!! WOOOO WHOOOO !!!!

badndn

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
That DT, Brown I believe is his name, is only a Junior this year. And yes running against Brehnam was going to be tough because they were going to key on Caleb. Others had tried, but they didn't have the horses to do it as Brehnam did.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores