A good source of info on Thorne Stadium

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
THANKS...GREAT INFORMATION. JUST FAILS TO TELL YOU WHAT TYPE OF NEIGHBORHOOD THE STADIUM IS LOCATED IN. :huh:

PNGfollower

EX79NDN said:
THANKS...GREAT INFORMATION. JUST FAILS TO TELL YOU WHAT TYPE OF NEIGHBORHOOD THE STADIUM IS LOCATED IN. :huh:

The neighborhood around the stadium is just south of Intercontinental Airport and Beltway 8, and is a mix of residential and commercial property. It is an older area and pretty run-down. The fact that the stadium and the Aldine school district complex are relatively new and fairly impressive-looking make the surrounding area look even dingier by comparison. There isn't much in the way of restaurants near the stadium. I think most of your dining options, coming from the east, will be on I-10, or elsewhere in the city. There are some fast food places on the road into the airport (JFK Blvd.) and a Chili's about 10 minutes east of the stadium on Beltway 8 (http://tinyurl.com/ykf498j).

Hope this helps.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Do it the old fashion way, fix sandwiches an bring drinks if you can't leave before 2:00. I pass that way quite often and not the best part of town but I would not say it's the worst. I still say for those of you leaving late use 610N, then Hardy Toll Rd. N and right on Aldine Bender. Beltway 8 from 3:30 on is no fun!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores