a look at the 20-4A playoffs scene

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
The way I see it, if ned loses to Ozen and we beat Vidor...we are in. Because even if we lose to Central, we would be 4-3 in district. Ned would be out with 4 losses and we have head to head over Lum and LCM. In a 3 way tie with Lum and Liv, we come out on top because of our big point diff against Lum. I want ned to lose because we are in a bind on the pt system with a 3 way tie with them and Liv or them and LCM.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
pngdad8520 said:
Let those boys make it easy on all of us and win the next two !
Agree +1

As much as I love being in the playoffs, I have to say that when you take half the teams in the district, it seems to take a little of the old fashion thrill and pride out of being the district champion out right.

NDN79

500+ Posts
With the point differential coming to play in the case of teams sharing the same record--should we have tried to score again at the end of the LC-M game when we were inside their 10yd. line? I know you don't want to run up the score on your opponent--but in a tight dist. 204a race I would hate for that to come back and bite us. Just a thought--what do you think?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Maybe that's why the Indians went for it last week when they were close 4 and 1. I thought they should've kicked a field goal because even if LCM would've scored, we'd of won due to points on the board. We went and didn't make it, but won anyway--thank goodness!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I think we are a way better team than Nederland and they almost beat Central..didnt loose by much...And we are playing Central at home.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Our O is on top of it all right now. Our D is getting better and better each game. Win out the last 2 games. I know they can do it.
Question is would we go D1 or D2 ? and who would we probably play in Bi-District ?

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
If ned loses one of their last two and we beat Vidor, we go D1 with Central. Vidor and ned have larger enrollments than we do. I do not want to get in a tiebreaker situation with ned or Livingston. Yes, I think we should have scored at the end for any potential point differentail tiebreaker. Squaw...I believe the reason we went for it on 4th and 1 was because even withthe FG, LCM could still tie it with TD and 2 point conversion and we would have had to kick into the wind, giving them good field position. I thought it was the right call because they couldn't stop Bertrand all night and if we would have converted, the game would have been over. They did a good job stuffing it on that play and then it came down to the dreaded spot. It was only a couple of inches short.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think I read somewhere that if we go D-1 we would end up playing Dayton in the first round. I thought Dayton was a smaller school. The Bi-district race there seems to be Dayton, Barbers Hill, Crosby and Galena park. GP ? I guess with only 2 games left its all speculation right now. Kinda like trying to figure out a puzzle in the dark. I think after next Friday Night the playoff picture will be a bit more clear, I hope ! Lets go NDN's win out the rest of the season !

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The point differential, the tie-breakers, and wanting someone else to lose will not matter ... PN-G will win out, finish the regular season at 6-4 (5-2 district mark, which coulda, shoulda, and woulda been 7-0 but for 14 points), and we make the playoffs. For the playoffs, focus on 6-games with the first one being the most important. Back to the next 2 weeks ... load up to stop the run in Vidor and then come home and outscore Central. I'm betting our coaching staff has told our Indians the playoffs started when we played Lumberton. Win, survive, and keep playing. We control our own destiny by winning.

And, as much as everyone has harped on our defense all year, why no love for them vs. LC-M? They made some stops, created a take-a-away, scored 6-points, and held down the LC-M offense that was supposed to win 20-4A, skip college, and go right on to the NFL? Good job defense. Bend a little here and there, but when it comes time to make some plays, go and do it. We will not shut out everyone or always look flashy on defense, but all that matters now is that we make a few stops, bend but don't break, create some more take-a-ways, and give our offense some room to go score. Good job Indians. As old Mr. Myagai (Karate Kid) would say, "Daniel son, you stay focused ... you're best [football] is still inside ... now its time to let it out." Sorry, watched the movie this weekend with the kids. But, its applicable.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Nice post. I have been waiting on some of the people who called out jersey numbers last week.. One poor kid had his number called several times, and I must say, he played really well this week. Now, correct me if i am wrong, was this kid playing a different position on defense than in the previuos games?

I would rather not call out the number, because I don't want to hear any more negativity to this kid, and I don't even know him.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Are you kidding me, people on here must watch the NDN's through purple colored glasses! We were one play / 10 seconds away from losing this one. At the end of the first half we gave them the ball on their own 13 yard line with 57 seconds on the clock. They drove the ball down to our 4 yard line and ran out of time, that would have given them 7 more going in at half time, final score would have been 42-39. I know, I'm going to hear about what ifs, but you can not give up 35 points at home, period. Yes, the changes are a start, but we have to play better on D. We used to go over to LCM beat'em up, eat all their food and date their women, and would never let them come over here and score 35 points. The only fight they ever came close to winning was when the bear blindsided the spirit, and they still didn't win that one. Let's take off the purple colored glasses and quit pampering these guys, they are no longer mama's boys, they are Indian Warriors, who go to battle every week and need to kick a$$e$.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores