a look at the 20-4A playoffs scene

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
hookem14 said:
png tribe said:
Our guy's would never act like that, would they? I believe I touched on some of this type of behavior with the freshman group and got bashed for it.
I believe you were called out because you did not even come close to telling the whole story
Thank you! I guess now that we're winning, people have to find something to gripe about. There was some things going on with Vidor that a lot of people were not aware of. Did you know that Coach Welch and Wallace were taunting Doty and his response to them was what got him the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? There have been threats made on some of our players by Vidor players over the phone. i will not give specifics, but the police have been made aware of these threats. Whether you guys admit it or not, I still think that the reason you continue to harp on this, is because of some bitterness that still exists. We are winning for goodness sake! If you think Faircloth turns a blind eye to personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, then you didn't see him twist off during the Vidor game. pngtribe.. I have said it before, if you have a problem with what the coaches are doing, be a man and talk to them. I am sure they have adressed this issue plenty. When kids get on the field and emotions run high, the coaches can punish them and run them until they puke, but they can't control a teenage kid any better than you or i can.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Well said ndnsrock44! It is easy to make a judgement when you don't know the whole story. I have a nephew that plays on the team and he tells me about all kinds of things that go on(some good / some bad)during the course of a game. You would think coaches on another team would be professional enough to rise above taunting an opposing player!
As far as how teen aged kids will act on the field--you can only hope that the discipline and instruction they receive daily in practice will determine how they act--but sometimes KIDS WILL BE KIDS! Football players are no different. Lets just focus on encouraging the Indians and leave the judging and discipline to our great coaching staff!

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
So true there are many situation that go on the field!I am praying these players will rise above the mess.I would think those kinds of teams don't make it very far past district.Lets watch and see!

Torino

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
hookem14 said:
png tribe said:
Our guy's would never act like that, would they? I believe I touched on some of this type of behavior with the freshman group and got bashed for it.
I believe you were called out because you did not even come close to telling the whole story
Thank you! I guess now that we're winning, people have to find something to gripe about. There was some things going on with Vidor that a lot of people were not awrae of. Did you know that Coach Welch and Wallace were taunting Doty and his response to them was what got him the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? There have been threats made on some of our players by Vidor players over the phone. i will not give specifics, but the police have been made aware of these threats. Whether you guys admit it or not, I still think that the reason you continue to harp on this, is because of some bitterness that still exists. We are winning for goodness sake! If you think Faircloth turns a blind eye to personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, then you didn't see him twist off during the Vidor game. pngtribe.. I have said it before, if you have a problem withwhat the coaches are doing, be a man and talk to them. I am sure they have adressed this issue plenty. When kids get on the field and emotions run high, the coaches can punish them and run them ubtil they puke, but they can't control a teenage kid any better than you or i can.
Dan Welch?

carzan

500+ Posts
Torino said:
ndnsrock44 said:
hookem14 said:
png tribe said:
Thank you! I guess now that we're winning, people have to find something to gripe about. There was some things going on with Vidor that a lot of people were not awrae of. Did you know that Coach Welch and Wallace were taunting Doty and his response to them was what got him the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? There have been threats made on some of our players by Vidor players over the phone. i will not give specifics, but the police have been made aware of these threats. Whether you guys admit it or not, I still think that the reason you continue to harp on this, is because of some bitterness that still exists. We are winning for goodness sake! If you think Faircloth turns a blind eye to personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, then you didn't see him twist off during the Vidor game. pngtribe.. I have said it before, if you have a problem withwhat the coaches are doing, be a man and talk to them. I am sure they have adressed this issue plenty. When kids get on the field and emotions run high, the coaches can punish them and run them ubtil they puke, but they can't control a teenage kid any better than you or i can.
Dan Welch?

WOW

carzan

500+ Posts
My bad, just looked on the Vidor High School web site and he is there. If this is true I have to agree with Indianfan, this is more than ridiculous!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I know Coach Wallace personally and have been around him when he's helping coach youth football and baseball and he's the most mild mannered out of all of them. I just don't see him doing that AT ALL!!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I did not put this on here to attack Coach Welch or Wallace. They both seem like really good guys and maybe they were not intending to upset Doty like they did. Maybe they were just trying to get in his head, I can't speak to their intentions. My point was that adults get on here and make numerous remarks about our coaches handling of our players when we get personal fouls and then call out one of our "stars" for not shaking hands, yet they have no idea what is going on on the field and even off it, with the threats that were made. I don't know who the "star" player was, I was too busy clapping for Cherokee and celebrating a CRUCIAL VICTORY to notice. From what I know of Coach Matthews, I can be pretty sure that he doesn't approve of some of the things that went on. I am a parent and so are many on this board. I have raised my kids to be respectful, responsible, caring Christians. So, I have a question for many of you that have done the same.... If you raise your kids right, discipline them when they mess up, are they never going to make mistakes and disappoint you? Also, when they do mess up, are you still going to love them and correct them and hope they learn from it? Why would you expect it to be different with Coaches and their players?

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
hookem14 said:
png tribe said:
Thank you! I guess now that we're winning, people have to find something to gripe about. There was some things going on with Vidor that a lot of people were not aware of. Did you know that Coach Welch and Wallace were taunting Doty and his response to them was what got him the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? There have been threats made on some of our players by Vidor players over the phone. i will not give specifics, but the police have been made aware of these threats. Whether you guys admit it or not, I still think that the reason you continue to harp on this, is because of some bitterness that still exists. We are winning for goodness sake! If you think Faircloth turns a blind eye to personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, then you didn't see him twist off during the Vidor game. pngtribe.. I have said it before, if you have a problem with what the coaches are doing, be a man and talk to them. I am sure they have adressed this issue plenty. When kids get on the field and emotions run high, the coaches can punish them and run them until they puke, but they can't control a teenage kid any better than you or i can.
I saw BF twistoff as you say and he had the offense and defense all around him and him all up on them when it happened. I told someone next to me that I bet he was telling those guys that they had better not lose the game to penalties. His wife was near us and I asked her if she thought they got his message and she said absolutely. I have seen him a couple of times over the season one on one with a player. I can promise you by the body language the player(s) get the message. I don't know BF personally, but I bet the team knows that he doesn't put up with foolish unsportsman like conduct and if it happens you probably pay dearly. At the same time, I bet those young men would walk on water for BF and that he will have made a lasting impression on their lives.

png tribe

100+ Posts
ndnsrock44,

You remind me of a spoiled brat in walmart. You keep telling him no and he keep's on until he get's what he want's. I've told you more than once, that I do not have a problem with these coaches. In a previous post you were insinuating that I was making comment's because you thought I had a connection with the previous regime. The freshman coach was here before BF, so stop with your lame excuses about me having something against these guy's. I'm assuming that you played football, right? Did player's just start talking trash? Did player's just start taking cheap shot's at the bottom of pile's? No! A lot of time's I have seen where people on this board have made comment's about the Memorial's,Central's, and Ozen's about not being disciplined. Well I hate to say it but we are not a very disciplined football team. I know when I played if we got a personal foul penalty, we came out of the game or got drug by our facemask out of the game and there was hell to pay the next day. The whole team ran 20 - 40's and 20 -100's and yes some were puking. So needless to say we did not have very many PF penaltie's. You may not be able to control a teenage kid but I do a pretty good job of it. Your sitting here and saying the coaches can't control how their player's act. Wrong answer! Your problem anytime someone say's anything you disagree with, you want to attack them like they have a problem with the coaches. You don't respond whenever I get on here say the coaches and player's did a good job. I'm thrilled to death at what Coach Kroeker has done with the defense lately. Bottom line is just because something happen's on the field that you don't like, it does not give the player a right to commit dumb penaltie's. It will come back to haunt us in a critical situation if we do not get it under control.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
pngtribe...trust me, i am just as concerned about one of these penalties costing us big time and I get just as upset as you do when we make stupid mistakes. Penalties cost us 2 TD's in the 1st half of the LCM game. My whole point is that we need to let the coaches take care of it and stop harping on it. Two threads about the Central game have turned into penalty threads. I am not attacking you because I don't agree with you. The tactics coaches used "back in the day" would probably result in them getting fired now. Let a coach grab and jerk a kid's facemask and the Mother's of America would have a cow. Re-read the thread you started about the Freshman game, I was not the one who responded about you and the old regime. My comment was not intended for you anyway. I am not attacking anyone when I disagree with their comments any more than you are when you disagree with someone. This is a message board and people have their own opinions. I have been a teenager and raised teenagers and you may think you control them, but trust me, they are doing things you don't approve of, it just isn't being done in front of 10,000 fans where everyone is aware of it. If you think these coaches are great, then let them take care of it. As far as praising you for praising the coaches, I may have agreed with you, just because I didn't comment on your comments doesn't mean I don't think you were right. The only reason I responded to all this is because someone called out a player for not shaking hands after the game and I thought people should know some of the crap that was going on last week. I get on this board to talk football and enjoy our PNG community, not to attack people. You and I probably have a lot more in common than we have differences.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Tribe let it go, some can't handle the truth. It's easier to say kid's will be kid's. I have talked with a few of the guy's this week and have tried to explain they might not only be hurting their team right now but may be hurting their chances at scholarships if scouts are at the games or see it on film.

I tell them all if they are taunting you, talking trash etc that is a compliment because you are kicking their azz. The coaches are doing there job and are trying to get the point across but the players have to police each other. Whether your a star or a role player there is no excuse for personal fouls ever. As you stated Tribe very few of these when I played, we have a good goup of guys but they still come from a "look at me generation".

Go PNG!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
ndn78 I can handle the truth. I agree with you that this could be a killer in a tight playoff game. Great point about maybe costing a scholarship offer. Not only do these kids come from a look at me generation, this generation is not disciplined in the same ways we were. Coaches used to bust our butts if we stepped out of line. If you got in trouble in class, the teachers wouldn't send you to the principal, they sent you to the coaches office and he gave you licks, ran you after practice, then.....you went home and got it from your Dad. I agree that the coaches are doing what they can and that the players need to police each other and hold each other accountable.

ndntrueblue

How bout them INDIANS!!!! I am so proud of all of the kids that make our Friday nights so special!!! :clap: You make us so proud! Football guys :helmet:, managers :shout:, band :band: , indianettes, g crew 8), camera crew , cheerleaders, criminal justice :guns:, the middle school bands and our little Indians :woohoo: that were on the field last night . We appreciate each and every one of you for everything to work. Just wanted to say Thank you! GO GET EM INDIANS! ( I want to do my Christmas shopping out of town) ;)

19cherokee90

No way Wallace taunted anyone. Unless you were standing next to them you dont really know what happened. Sometimes things appear to be one way to an outsider when it is something totaly different. I honestly cant believe anyone would even post something like this about guys with long time ties to our program.

We would be lucky to get Wallace back.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores