a look at the 20-4A playoffs scene

NDN79

500+ Posts
We are in, but we can improve our seeding in the 1st round and determine whether we are D1 or D2--I think?

lu cards

100+ Posts
if png wins in rd 1 we may get a chance to play in lamars new stadium.faircloth has put in a request as a possible sight.wo-s has it on hold for rd 1.lamar has home games the first 2 weeks of the playoffs so it would be a friday night game.cant flip for home/home with any of the 19 4a teams because of capacity.barbers hills visitor side only holds 1,000.crosby and dayton arent much bigger.look for a saturday game in baytown for rd 1.

badndn

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
We are in, but we can improve our seeding in the 1st round and determine whether we are D1 or D2--I think?
Actually we can't do much about DI vs DII. Thats all up to LCM and Nederland.
But if we win we will avoid Dayton in round 1 no matter what.

If LCM wins we go DI.

DI matchup would be:
Bi-District - Crosby
Area - Montgomery/Huntsville winner (Monty is tough, gave Brenham all they could handle and has possibly the best RB in the Houston area).
Regionals - Houston Austin/Houston Worthing vs Angleton/Pearland Dawson Winner
QFinals - Either Humble, Friendswood, Central or Stratford

badndn

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
if png wins in rd 1 we may get a chance to play in lamars new stadium.faircloth has put in a request as a possible sight.wo-s has it on hold for rd 1.lamar has home games the first 2 weeks of the playoffs so it would be a friday night game.cant flip for home/home with any of the 19 4a teams because of capacity.barbers hills visitor side only holds 1,000.crosby and dayton arent much bigger.look for a saturday game in baytown for rd 1.
I would pit the Butch up against Stallworth and flip for it!
The Butch is just up the road from us and Stallworth is just down the road from Crosby/Dayton.

Gotta figure Central and GP will play at Stallworth.
LCM (If) and BH maybe at the Butch
Liv and Dayton in Conroe/Woodlands.

If we get into round 2 I can't see risking a trip to Conroe if the two sides can agree on say Galena Park or Aldine.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think the butch would be a good venue to play in for a round 1 game. That is of course the other team would agree on it. It wouldn't surprise me to have a team try and reduce the amount of seats available at a stadium selection. Only because we bring a home field advantage to every away game we have.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The Butch isn't big enough - only holds 5000 per side. We should have no problem playing at Stallworth - big and easy to get to.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
If we play at the "Butch", then we just show up early and fill up both sides ;D
:duel: Thats right ! We can get in there and fight for those seats ! HE HE ! I don't see BH or Crosby bringing 5,000 fans. So I'm sure we could go ahead and take over the other entire top section at the butch. We would have to be nice and atleast let them have the bottom section. lol I don't care were we play as long as we are in the playoffs. I know this team can advace far ! I will follow them all the way to Dallas or beyond !

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
lu cards said:

I have an idea...why not let WOS use the Reservation, and we take Lamar. They don't need that much seating. There is NO WAY they'll fill ours, much less Lamar's.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I thought one of the selling points of the renovations of the Reservation was that it would possibly be more appealing for football playoffs. I would put our field up against a lot of the schools mentioned here. Our stands may be metal instead of concrete, but we have a nice press box, concessions, restrooms, etc. I would be very surprised if no playoff games for other schools weren't held at the Reservation.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The Butch will probably get those types of games because of their parking. We had our chance last year for other schools to use our stadium but because of the parking problems caused by the construction it was decided not to rent it (even though we managed to host the MidCounty Madness game).

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
BISD Stadium has two significant advantages; easy accessability and parking. For Indian Stadium to be a choice venue PNGISD will need to add some decent parking lots.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Are we looking to go all the way or just a couple of rounds? I don't care if we play Dayton first or not, the object is to beat the best to be the best!

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree with the parking situation. Someone on the design team should have pick up on 2 items.
1. Parking, I am not sure what the answer is?
2. The view of the beautiful front is blocked by the old HS building. One can hardly see it from Merriman.

NDN78 another great post -line em up and lets play some football - with no unsportsman like conduct and if a player does, pull him the others will notice plus we need to take pride in winning AND our display of good sportsmanship!

The Central game 2 years back was embarrassing. I believe one of the coaches took some heat and left -maybe for Orangefield?

ndn78

100+ Posts
bark - I was disappointed in one of our stars at Vidor, he did not shake hands sfter the game. he took some cheap shots from Vidor but I still think you should rise above others rather than lower your standards. Our guys are the best so show it on and off the field in victory or defeat.

Go PNG!

png tribe

100+ Posts
Our guy's would never act like that, would they? I believe I touched on some of this type of behavior with the freshman group and got bashed for it.

hookem14

100+ Posts
png tribe said:
Our guy's would never act like that, would they? I believe I touched on some of this type of behavior with the freshman group and got bashed for it.
I believe you were called out because you did not even come close to telling the whole story

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores