a look at the 20-4A playoffs scene

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
indianforever said:
if we beat vidor and livingston beats lcm do we clinch a playoff spot?
Yes. That would give Livingston wins over us and LCM. Worst case scenario is LCM beats Livingston and loses to ned and we lose to Central. That would create at least a 4 way tie...5 way tie if Lumberton beats Central and Ozen AND Livingston beats Vidor in the last game. I am really hoping ned loses to Ozen tomorrow and we beat Vidor, that way we go D1 and avoid Dayton and Brenham.

Of course, it would be preferable for us to win out and not worry about it, which I really think we can do.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
I believe that in that game 2 yrs ago , central was kicking our booty on the ground and when they intercepted the pass and was taunting our offense running it back from one sideline to the other , and passing the ball off to other players , that a frustrated Josh Wright punched the player when we tackle him and it went from there.. lots of players on that team were frustrated all year long and it just took that time for the cork to pop!

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
attakapandn said:
I believe that in that game 2 yrs ago , central was kicking our booty on the ground and when they intercepted the pass and was tauntiong our offense running it back from one sideline to the other , and passing the ball off to other players , that a frustrated Josh Wright pumch the player when we tackle him and it went from there.. lots of players on theat team were frustrated all year long and it just took that time for the cork to pop!

You are correct and he is a hot head.

dayton1

ndnsrock44 said:
indianforever said:
Yes. That would give Livingston wins over us and LCM. Worst case scenario is LCM beats Livingston and loses to ned and we lose to Central. That would create at least a 4 way tie...5 way tie if Lumberton beats Central and Ozen AND Livingston beats Vidor in the last game. I am really hoping ned loses to Ozen tomorrow and we beat Vidor, that way we go D1 and avoid Dayton and Brenham.Of course, it would be preferable for us to win out and not worry about it, which I really think we can do.

Good idea!! ;D ;D

J/K... I love when we play you guys. The atmosphere is second to none and the class of the fans is as well.

What a tremendous turnaround the Indians have had after those close losses. A lesser program would've folded the Teepee starting 0-2 with those heartbreakers. I just don't see you guys missing the playoffs. So, good luck on the rest of the season, rather we see you or not!! 8)

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Thanks for the knd words dayton1. Ya'll have another fine team thsi year and are clearly the class(on and off the field) of 19-4A. arbers Hill and Crosby sue like to yap a lot on that ither board. Good Luck in the playoffs.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
indianforever said:
Yes. That would give Livingston wins over us and LCM. Worst case scenario is LCM beats Livingston and loses to ned and we lose to Central. That would create at least a 4 way tie...5 way tie if Lumberton beats Central and Ozen AND Livingston beats Vidor in the last game. I am really hoping ned loses to Ozen tomorrow and we beat Vidor, that way we go D1 and avoid Dayton and Brenham.

Of course, it would be preferable for us to win out and not worry about it, which I really think we can do.

:'( I am soooooo crushed!!! And to think we're neighbors ::sniff sniff :-[ LOL....besides, what's wrong with ya'll having to play Dayton and Brenham??

Anyways...good luck tonite against Vidor...

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I told all of you that there was atleast one dayton fan that was nice. LOL. You guys are great == Looking foward to playing you guys from across the river with your respected program

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
My predictions/guesses for next week:

Next Week
PNG over Central
LCM over Nederland
Livingston over Vidor
Ozen over Lumberton

Final Standings
Central 6-1
PN-G 5-2
LC-M 5-2
Livingston 4-3
Nederland 3-4
Lumberton 2-4
Vidor 2-5
Ozen 1-6

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
My guesses:

PN-G over Central
Nederland over LC-M
Lumberton over Ozen
Livingston over Vidor

Final Standings:

Central 6-1
PN-G 5-2
Nederland 4-3
Livingston 4-3
LC-M 4-3
Lumberton 3-4
Vidor 2-5
Ozen 0-7

PN-G wins and they are in ... lose to Central and then it's a wait, hope, and math equation, which is never good. Just win Indians. You control your own destiny.

Go Indians. Peace.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
ndnsrock44 said:
indianforever said:

:'( I am soooooo crushed!!! And to think we're neighbors ::sniff sniff :-[ LOL....besides, what's wrong with ya'll having to play Dayton and Brenham??

You are my favorite bulldog fan..nothing against you. Iam sure if we had the head to head tie breaker you would pulling against us in the same situation and I would expect you to. Great, funny post! Don't be mad buuuuuuttt... GO LCM!!!!!!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
yankeedawg said:
ndnsrock44 said:
indianforever said:

You are my favorite bulldog fan..nothing against you. Iam sure if we had the head to head tie breaker you would pulling against us in the same situation and I would expect you to. Great, funny post! Don't be mad buuuuuuttt... GO LCM!!!!!!

LOL 44....you're darn right I would...I hear exactly what you;'re saying..but I just had to get my sniffles in LOL..Nahhhh, it takes alot more than this to get me mad...I don't take any of this personally... Good luck the rest of the year and thru the playoffs...

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Aaawww shucks, gee-wilikers, golly gee and all that sorta slobberish stuff..LMBO. Seriously though, Thanks guys...I enjoy posting on here and am appreciative of the way you treat the "enemy". God Bless ya'll. Oh Yeah.....

2.gif

19.gif

TheBoysMom

A knowledgeable friend of mine spelled it out for me this way. He's alright for a Bulldog.
fu73p0.png

Having studied the scores and upcoming games, this is what I think about PNG and their playoff hopes.

First off, they control their own destiny. If they win, they are in. That would give PNG 5 wins in district and only three teams have the chance to be 5 or more wins with four going to the playoffs. Win and in, period.

If they lose is when it gets tricky and a loss to Central is certainly a possibility.

If Nederland loses to LCM or Livingston loses to Vidor, PNG is in not matter what. That would mean that PNG already has four wins and a Nederland or Livingston loss would give one of them no more than three wins and again, PNG would be in.

If Livingston and Nederland win coupled with a PNG loss to Central, PNG is out no matter what. In the point comparison PNG is behind all other teams. LCM with the loss to Nederland (remembering that Nederland has to win to set up the scenario) and a Livingston win would make all four teams 4-3 in district. As long as Nederland and Livingston win their games by even a single point, PNG is the odd man out having lost to both other teams by enough points to put PNG out of the playoffs.

So here are PNG's chances and they have more than anyone else.

PNG wins, in.
PNG loses but Nederland or Livingston lose, in.
PNG loses and both Nederland and Livingston win, out.

TheBoysMom

And just to make it interesting, he added this!

Oh yeah, one more scenario and this might make PNG fans cringe while listening to the Nederland-LCM game.

If Nederland beats LCM by 10 points or more, PNG is in no matter what due to the point spread.

Let's say that PNG is getting beat by Central and everyone is clinging to their radios or looking at setxsports on their smart phones. Livingston is winning and so is Nederland. The PNG fans will then have to pull for Nederland to put it on LCM big time. I can see it now, PNG is losing enough to Central to make it a sure deal. Nederland is beating LCM by by less than 10 points. The PNG fans will be screaming for Nederland to score and score again. Come on Dogs!!

Of course, PNG could simply win and make it easy.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores