a look at the 20-4A playoffs scene

carzan

500+ Posts
This was posted on setxsports.com

20-4A

Who's in: Central has clinched the district championship and the the DI, #1 seed out of 20-4A. Port Neches-Groves has clinched a DII berth.

Who can clinch next week: Little Cypress-Mauriceville will clinch with a win OR Livingston loss.

Livingston is in with a win

Nederland is in a win OR a win of at least 2 points if both PNG and Livingston win

Lumberton is in with a win AND a Livingston loss AND a Nederland loss.

Vidor is in with a win AND a Lumberton loss AND a Nederland loss.

Bi-District Foes: Crosby will be the DI #1 seed out of District 19-4A. Dayton (#1) and Barbers Hill (#2) will be the DII teams.

TheBoysMom

carzan said:
Here is a link to the thread

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=74801.0

I was just reading this. He sounds as if he knows what he's talking about, although I did see where he said he may have jumped the gun on the DII berth, and we could still possibly end up as DI.

Still, this is an interesting development!

modmouse78

100+ Posts
Yeah, he is very good. I feel a lot better that we are already in, but still want a win this week(who doesn't). We need to finish strong going in to the play-offs.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OK, I'll make a prediction now. PNG will beat Central. We went to the Central/Lumberton game last night and Central did not impress us at all. For 3 quarters they looked very sloppy. They did revive some in the 4th quarter and finally win the game. It was 0-0 at halftime and, if they play like that against us, we will have a 35 to 50 score on them before the half. We must score fast and soon and contain the outsides and, most important, we must play all 4 quarters and we'll be in. I am feeling so much better since going last night. Go Indians!!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
squaw said:
OK, I'll make a prediction now. PNG will beat Central. We went to the Central/Lumberton game last night and Central did not impress us at all. For 3 quarters they looked very sloppy. They did revive some in the 4th quarter and finally win the game. It was 0-0 at halftime and, if they play like that against us, we will have a 35 to 50 score on them before the half. We must score fast and soon and contain the outsides and, most important, we must play all 4 quarters and we'll be in. I am feeling so much better since going last night. Go Indians!!
Pretty much what I heard about last night. You are right, if Central starts slow again they will find themselves in a big hole. I also heard the same info that was posted here from SETX board. The only thing that will change is whether we go D1 or D2(depending on ned) and if we go D2, whether we will be the #1 or#2 seed. I am glad that this 4way tie would not go on the point diff. system, because we could be in trouble.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think if we go D1 #2 we would play Crosby. If we go D2 #1 we would prob end up with Barbers Hill. If we go D2 #2 we end up with Dayton. I would like us to go D1 and play Crosby again. That would be another good game overall.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If you ask the PN-G coaches, Faircloth, Cary, Wingfield, Kroeker, Arnaud, Parker, etc., they want to beat Central and send a message to our players and younger kids in the program that the Indians finish STRONG. We struggled to find the right combinations against Livingston and the "other" school, but we've found some kids to be leaders and we are hitting a stride. We will beat Central and continue our momentum into the playoffs ... no need to worry about tie breakers, point differentials, or any other garbage. The coaching staff wants to win on Friday, and our players do, too. We're on the way to 6-4 and staying on a roll for the playoffs.

The great thing is our PROGRAM is just in year 2 ... wait until year 3, 4, 5, etc.

Go Indians. Peace.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
The D1 or D2 isn't up to us, it depends on the outcome of ned/LCM. pngfan66..unless it changed over the weekend, which is possible, everything I amd hearing is that Dayton is going D2.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Dayton is #1 D2. I want our boys to kick the C$#% out of Central and win out ! Finish out the District strong and wow watch out ! That boost in beating Central will propel the NDN's into the playoffs with momentum ! I'm glad that the team and coaches have found some good fits on the D ! From what I saw last night in the Central & Lumberton game, PNG could put a big W in the column. We have what it takes to beat Central. I think the team knows it as well and will prove it.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
heres my take ... We WILL beat Central cause our D (DJ, hunter, and chase and the others) will rise to the challenge! Our O will continue to do what they do with the leadership of Doty and the power running of Bertrand! And Central already clinch the title, and i think their coach will rest the starters in the 2nd half to protect from injury and also we know we need to win to eliminate all the confusion!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
attakapandn said:
heres my take ... We WILL beat Central cause our D (DJ, hunter, and chase and the others) will rise to the challenge! Our O will continue to do what they do with the leadership of Doty and the power running of Bertrand! And Central already clinch the title, and i think their coach will rest the starters in the 2nd half to protect from injury and also we know we need to win to eliminate all the confusion!
AMEN !

NDN79

500+ Posts
Central is a good team no doubt, but not a team to be afraid of. Some people from other schools act like we should run and hide--NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Indians will be prepared and ready to tame the little kittens from Central. Central's defense has allowed some big numbers to be put up on them--Indians will hang the biggest number of the year on them!

S C A L P ' E M I N D I A N S ! !

pngfan66

500+ Posts
My understanding is Yes we are in the playoffs. Currently I believe we are D2. Don't know what seed though. But we win against Central we would probably go D1 #2. Thats if LCM beats Nederland. Now if Nederland wins we go D2, probably #2 seed. I don't know exactly its all a nightmare, (fitting for halloween) ! I want us to go D1, or go D2 #1 seed.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
If ned loses we go D1 #2 seed. If ned wins and we win, we are D2 # 1 seed. ned wins, we lose, liv loses, we go D2 #1 seed. ned wins, we lose, liv wins, we go D2 #2 seed. Right now, PNG and Central are the only 2 in the playoffs for sure and Central will be D1 #1 seed no matter what happens Friday.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores