All-District Candidates, What do you think?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the regular season is over, it's not out of place to discuss all-district candidates. There are a lot of great players on this PNG team. But given that we have to share the ~44 first and second team positions with 7 other schools, PNG can't have them all. :)

Who do you think has a shot and why?

Indians finished as #1 defensive team in 20-4A, and #2 offensive team.
Final District Stats...

bandkid

Staff member
So, IndianFan, now that we're in the playoffs and will be playing games a little closer to Houston, any plans on attending?

N

NDNPARENT

tottally agree with your choices!

is anyone consider for all american?/

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the Indians go deep, then there are several all-state possibilities.

I thought there would be more discussion on this topic. :-\

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
You did too good of a job on the initial post. Your list looks complete. I think we also see Harmon's photo on Christmas Day in the PAN when the SuperTeam is annouced.

NONS81

Post is right on, the only other consideration I would give is Christian Kerr, I know he was injured for a little while, but he is rather aggressive in my opinion and another good linebacker..I heard his name several times over the season. and you forgot DJ's sacks in his credentials...lol

badndn

500+ Posts
Those iPrep stats are not all correct.
Doty has 13 TD's. One game the scoring summary correctly shows 3 td passes, but the stats for the game show 2. They don't matchup.
Also, last night the 43 yard TD that they gave Deron credit for both in the scoring summary and the stat line was actually Segura!

Caleb Harmon will not get 1st team RB...Because he will get District MVP! If they name him MVP they don't put him on the first or second teams. I guess they look at it as MVP being King of the team! Same for Offensive and Defensive MVP.

I see Harmon as MVP, Pittman (Vidor) as Offensive MVP and Hale (Central #44) as Defensive MVP.

Tigerryder

I checked the district standings. Dre Dunbar is not even listed under interceptions. He had 3 in the first game alone and one other during another game. He should have 4 interceptions.

Why is he not listed?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I removed my list to spark some other input. So which Indians do you think will make the all-district team?

indian20106

harmon first team all district, superteam, offensive mvp, willie ray smith winner. dj schexnider first team all district new comer of the year defensive mvp wr smith award winner. brennan doty first team, new comer of the year.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Indian99 said:
Now that the season is officially over, when do the All-District picks come out?

All-district picks will be made/announced only after all district teams are finished playing.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores