All-District Candidates, What do you think?

NONS81

Too many to choose from...

I will mention my top picks and y'all can narrow it down for me...

Harmon
Doty
Schexnider
Benoit
Kerr
Lunceford
Easley
Dunbar
Denzlenger
Davis
SinClair
DeRon
Rhame
Jaloli (s/p)
Boudion - both of them - Garrett and Brant
Like I said too many for me to mention and now y'all can narrow it down and I probably forgot somebody so feel free to add and subtract from my list...

OldEagle

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
Too many to choose from...

I will mention my top picks and y'all can narrow it down for me...

Harmon
Doty
Schexnider
Benoit
Kerr
Lunceford
Easley
Dunbar
Denzlenger
Davis
SinClair
DeRon
Rhame
Jaloli (s/p)
Boudion - both of them - Garrett and Brant
Like I said too many for me to mention and now y'all can narrow it down and I probably forgot somebody so feel free to add and subtract from my list...

Which SinClair (sic)? There are two - David & Ryan.

badndn

500+ Posts
Harmon will not be first team running back...Because he will be District MVP!!! (They dont put you on both).

District MVP - Harmon RB
Offensive MVP - Pittman RB Vidor
Defensive MVP- Hale LB Central (#44 that ran back the fumble against us...Great player).

First Team
QB - Doty PNG or Asher Lumberton (Ashers #'s are better, but wins count for something)
RB - Jackson Livingston
RB - O'Neal Central
WR - Sonnier LCM
WR - Brady Ned
WR - DeRon PNG
WR - Anderson Ozen maybe Reyanga PNG
OL - Lunceford PNG
OL - Leblanc PNG
OL - ?? Vidor
OL - ?? Central
OL - ?? Livingston

DL - Schexneider PNG
DL - Thompson PNG
DL - ?? Central
DL - ?? Louviere Ned
LB - #35 Jones ?? Central
LB - Kerr PNG
LB - Benoit PNG
LB - Beard Lumberton
DB - Dunbar PNG
DB - Land Livingston
DB - ??
DB - ??

The Port Arthur News used to name their All-District team in the Thanksgiving Day edition. I remember back when we almost caught the paper as it was being thrown to see if my hubby was named and sure enough he was. One thing is for sure, Faircloth should be hands down for Coach of the Year honors and the rest of the slots filled with lots of purple and white. There are so many deserving of the honor.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Harmon, Schexnider and Dunbar were the standout players on the team IMO with the best shot at all-state consideration.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He played well but didn't have that much playing time. With 7 other teams in the district, it's tought to make the all-district team in that capacity.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I know. I wondered why they didn't let Cody Ross loose when Brenham had Harmon locked up. Does anyone know? BTW, I don't even know Cody, but thought he did a good job every time they called his number. Wish they'd have run him against Brenham--I hate losing to a team that I think is not as good as we were! Also, the refs were shaky at best. IMO

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Squaw, I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. They also didn't run the play where Ross (I think) comes out of the backfield, into the secondary for a pass (See Ned game). That could have been a deadly play the way they were keying on Harmon. Oh well, shoulda, coulda woulda.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Glad someone else questioned it also! Nice to see others that feel like I did. You're right, Proud, shoulda, coulda, woulda.....and we will go further next season! That's my first prediction!

badndn

500+ Posts
The did run the play with Ross, twice and they lost yards both times. Brenham was determined to stop the run and did a great job in doing so. By the way, I loved the new play with the full house backfield, fake to the FB and pitch out to Harmon for the TD. I have to admit when we lined up to run that play on 4th and goal from the 5, I thought no way! Are we really going to try and pound this up the middle against this team after they have stuffed us all night up the middle??? And then the fake and toss came and it was a brilliant call.

The screen to the WB was missing though. I thought we would see it, but ??? It was Ryan St. Clair that that play was to all year.

Also I may be wrong, but I thought that the last pass (with 15 seconds) was going to be a hook and lateral (maybe not so much Hook, but lateral). If you noticed had DeRon caught the ball Segura was coming up from the line. It would have been a TD because the Safety went for the ball (of course he picked it off) and left the middle of the field open.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Harmon, Schexnider and Dunbar were the standout players on the team IMO with the best shot at all-state consideration.

Harmon and Dunbar made it. Schexnider should make it next season if he plays at the same level.

http://www.examiner.com/a-2374858~APSE_Class_4A_all_state_football_team.html

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores