Alternative Uniforms

lucards02

Anyone ever though about playing a game in an alt uni like say all black? I know the traditionalist just had a heart attack :eek:ld: but that's a lot of noise on the board about pumping up the crowd. Imagine playing a home game with a "black out", lowering the lights pre game (to the extent possible) and playing say Back in Black, Enter Sandman, or even Paint it Black (especially if the team we were playing was red...Rolling Stone fans will understand that).

I know it's HS and there are certain budget constraints that may preclude such an idea and you make think I'm crazy :crazy: but I think it would be cool.

btw...Ned tried this once, showed up in black in 1989 to the Reservation and Bobby August was call his team the Black Knights of the Neches...and then quickly got back on thier "horses" after losing to the NDNs by a mere 34 :whiteflag:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
As an accent color it is fine, but since it is not a primary color I would not care for it, but opinions vary. :)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Jaws would drop and you'd hear 7,000 gasps followed by loud murmurs of dislike if the Indians came out in all black. ;D

NDN34

Our colors are and always have been Purple and White!!!! I for one don't ever want our boys to suit out in any kind of black uniforms............that's for Nederland to wear, not us!!!!!

bandkid

Staff member
My personal belief is that there are two colors that represent PN-G: purple, the primary color, and white, the secondary color. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the fight song doesn't start with the words "always be faithful to the purple, white, and other assorted colors." Silver, gold, black - all colors that, in my opinion, don't belong on anything representing PN-G as anything more than some insignificant detail work.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
Guys do not ruin the guy for having an idea i mean we know if the fans cant do a white out then the players will never to a black out which is ok as long as we are playing football

bandkid

Staff member
nissanindian said:
Guys do not ruin the guy for having an idea i mean we know if the fans cant do a white out then the players will never to a black out which is ok as long as we are playing football

I don't think anyone meant any disrespect but I think the consensus is that our traditional colors are favorable to any alternatives.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
My personal belief is that there are two colors that represent PN-G: purple, the primary color, and white, the secondary color. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the fight song doesn't start with the words "always be faithful to the purple, white, and other assorted colors." Silver, gold, black - all colors that, in my opinion, don't belong on anything representing PN-G as anything more than some insignificant detail work.
I totally agree. I much prefer the all purple uniforms or all white uniforms. I don't even like the different color pants. Black? Gawd, NO! :crazy:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I like the white pants and purple jerseys. Nice contrast and it looks more professional.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores