Another good coach leaving? Seems to be a patern!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It happens to all good staffs at all levels: HS, college and pro. Assistant coaches want to move onward and upward. Who can blame them. It happened to Coach Ethridge's staff...coaches came and went on to other jobs after having success at PN-G. It did not happen to Coach Troy's staff because those teams in the 1980s were terrible. Coach Malone was not here long enough (two seasons) and neither was Coach Owen. It happened to Coach Burnett, too. The DC left for a better job in administration, Mike Long left, and I think one or two others did, too.

The assignment for Coach Faircloth is to find good young coaches who want to leave a footprint at PN-G so they, too, can begin climbing the coaching ladder. There are lots good, young assistant coaches out there...go get them regardless of race, color, where the went to HS school, where they were born, if they have any ties to SETX, or whose father, uncle, grandfather or neighbor used to play for PN-G back in the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, or 1980s. Just go find the best coaches and sign them up.

It's no secret, the population shifts and talent pools are growing in the DFW Metroplex and in the Cen-Tex Hill Country. PN-G is not growing. PN-GISD can't pay what schools in the Metroplex are offering for HC and asst coaches.

Change the subject...will PN-G have spring football? 2014 should be a good season for the Indians. A local told me that QB battle should be good again, we have a FR or SOPH WR that is 6'4"+, the RB returns, but we need to find some OL, DL and LBs. He said he was concerned about depth especially at OL and DL...says we have an abundance of pretty good WRs and RBs. Let's find some muscle to stack the OL and DL.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNGNDN55

The OL is gonna have problems since coach Cary is leaving. He is one of the best coaches I have ever seen, he can turn any player into a GREAT player. He has a guy on his line go play college ball every year since he has been here. I have no doubt that Faircloth will find someone as good or better to replace him. All you got to do is believe in his system.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to see him going. I think any good coach is going to eventually seek to move up to a head coaching position.

Head Coach Doug Ethridge (1973-1983) benefited from having Greg Davis and Bruce Bush on his staff in the 70s. Davis went on to be a successful offensive coordinator at several major universities, and Coach Bush finished his head coaching career with over 200 wins, good enough to still be listed as one of the all-time best in Texas. As those and other coaches left for promotions, the 1970's district championship and playoff run ended, and Ethridge coached teams went 31-27-2 over his last 6 seasons at PNG. Assistant coaches make a huge difference.

badndn

500+ Posts
Joe Dale and his wife will be missed, but they will allways be celebrated as PNG tried and true. Thank you both for being great role models for our children and helping to uphold the Honor, Pride and Tradition on the Reservation.

Big WR is McZeal. Both Lines will have some turnover, but I think they will be bigger. T.Smith (sr), Benoit (sr), Langston(jr), Valentine (jr), Hauk (so) just some names that will be on the lines next year.

PNGNDN55

The next year line will be from left to right Hauck, Smith, Beniot, ?, Ardion, the weakest leak will be Beniot cause he only weigh 200, and Tyler Moran is strong, but not a football material guy. our WR core will be amazing, but we have to have a line first, valentine will be great on d line with langstion. Line backers Shultz, Rembert, Ramierz, Hughes

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
Coach Cary is going to Crandall. I have a friend there whose daughter runs cross country. She is ranked 15th in the state. He said they lost their cc coach also to a college. Good luck to Coach, Christy and the girls. They will definitely be missed.

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNGNDN55 said:
The next year line will be from left to right Hauck, Smith, Beniot, ?, Ardion, the weakest leak will be Beniot cause he only weigh 200, and Tyler Moran is strong, but not a football material guy. our WR core will be amazing, but we have to have a line first, valentine will be great on d line with langstion. Line backers Shultz, Rembert, Ramierz, Hughes

I know this is a little off topic for this thread, but I was curious what the thoughts are on how the quarterback showdown might be affected by a possible weaker OL?? We're talking about how we have a bunch of great WRs and we already know we have 2 able QBs, but like 55 said, it doesn't mean much without a line. Will a weaker line force Faircloth to go with the bigger QB who can take the hits?

bark

1,000+ Posts
It will be interesting to see who the new hire is.

We have had a lot of turn over - seems like - I would be courious to how much Neauman has at Ned. How anyone could dispute his football success, I hate to say it but he is kicking our $%* with players and wins.

sure hope we have more wins this year - we are lucky that 4 of the 7 or so teams in our district go to the playoffs.

We'll be in the same seats - season tickets since 1972 regardless of the record.

PNGNDN55

Those kids next year will be fine, I have no doubt that they will be a good team. I just wish Adam Morse would be the starter. Brant Halfin needs to get better at hitting the wholes, cause he for sure had the speed. I just worry about the line. Coach Cary is a big factor on why the team does good. I sure do hope they find a good replacement guy.

hookem14

100+ Posts
PNGNDN55 said:
Those kids next year will be fine, I have no doubt that they will be a good team. I just wish Adam Morse would be the starter. Brant Halfin needs to get better at hitting the wholes, cause he for sure had the speed. I just worry about the line. Coach Cary is a big factor on why the team does good. I sure do hope they find a good replacement guy.
If I remember correctly, Brant Halfin was an associated press honorable mention all-state selection. He must have been doing something right!

RealIndian1209

Nothing against Halflin but that honorable mention all-state, i wouldnt look to deep into that. Thats all coach pushed and when you look at the big picture, PNG had like 2 or 3 guys on that list and Nederland didnt have any. I do believe with the new district its Centrals and PNGs to lose.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDN06, Walker seems to do fine, as long as he's got time to survey the field and go through his progressions. But, when there's a heavy rush, all bets are off. He seems to get flustered easily, and he's made some questionable throws. Given time, he'll pick you a apart... key word... TIME.
We'll have to see what the new line coach brings to the table.

NDN06

100+ Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of how size might be a factor in taking the hits. We've seen Walker taken out of a couple of games after being hit pretty hard. If the line can't keep em off and give him time, the decision for QB might already be made. However, I'm sure Faircloth will find a suitable replacement for Coach Carey, and I expect we'll see a lot of competition between Walker and Morse.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores