Anybody know what really happened?

pngdad56

Yeah. I am pretty sick of the lovefest some have with nerdland. I cant stand them and I hope they feel the same way about us. They cant win or lose with class. I guess thats what happens when you get a beat down for 20 years straight, when you win you have to be obnoxius about it...Well there's a new sheriff in town named Faircloth, so ned better get used to being humble again. for those who think this is a friendly rivalry do u remember..ned running through our sign before the game one year,talking crap all year in 1999 until we shut them up in the last game, them painting a mustache on the Indian on the "old gym", them burning a N on our football field..With friends like them who needs enemies? I agree there are some good people from ned, but as a fan base and team they are horrible.I agree.. bring back the hate!

91ndn

We went to the game in my wifes suv and somene painted the windows all up...it was parked in the area where the buses park near the front gate...NO ONE SAW A THING....

Nederland Dog 2006

pngdad56 said:
Yeah. I am pretty sick of the lovefest some have with nerdland. I cant stand them and I hope they feel the same way about us. They cant win or lose with class. I guess thats what happens when you get a beat down for 20 years straight, when you win you have to be obnoxius about it...Well there's a new sheriff in town named Faircloth, so ned better get used to being humble again. for those who think this is a friendly rivalry do u remember..ned running through our sign before the game one year,talking crap all year in 1999 until we shut them up in the last game, them painting a mustache on the Indian on the "old gym", them burning a N on our football field..With friends like them who needs enemies? I agree there are some good people from ned, but as a fan base and team they are horrible.I agree.. bring back the hate!

Well hoss, I disagree about not being able to win or lose with class. First off, I love this game we call football. This is what its all about. Winning and losing. I just like the game itself. Its not that you win the game or lose the game. It's that you PLAY the game. You have to lose some games to appreciate winning. I can lose with class. I mean shoot, not much we can do this year with injuries and whatnot. We are in a rut. Ok. We got next year. Cool. I'll be going to some PNG playoff games this year. I'm ready man. I agree with keeping the rivalry friendly, but you gotta have some nastyness in it too. That's what makes it a rivalry. Great quote I heard yesterday...."We will fight you until hell freezes over...then we will fight you on ice." Love it. Good luck in Livingston.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Just a comment: Whoever said "Its not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game" HAD to have been a loser! The object of any game is to win and I want to win everytime, although I realize that its not always gonna happen. Scalp 'em, Indians!

akifan94

500+ Posts
Oldschool said:
if some punk from nederland was giving me crap i would have popped him in the mouth.
i don't care.
screw community togetherness.
bring back the hate.

classic. :punchingbag: :clap:

fan

It's only "just a game" if your winning and I agree that some of the trash talk is OK. The pranks-as long as they are nondistructive-can be good.

My father-in-law (long time teacher/Principal @ PNGISD) still talks about when one of the coaches and a long time teacher did something to the totum pole and really fired our players up.

1976 season we had a huge rumble at the Field House after the game and we still talk about it 33 years later!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a YouTube video of Nederland athletes putting on the boxing gloves and going at it on their tennis court. Funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGy0EaKsVm8

Look at all those slaps, haymakers and rabbit punches. 'Dem' Nederland boys never could fight worth a durn... and still cain't. ;D :punchingbag:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Nederland Dog 2006 said:
pngdad56 said:

Well hoss, I disagree about not being able to win or lose with class. First off, I love this game we call football. This is what its all about. Winning and losing. I just like the game itself. Its not that you win the game or lose the game. It's that you PLAY the game. You have to lose some games to appreciate winning. I can lose with class. I mean shoot, not much we can do this year with injuries and whatnot. We are in a rut. Ok. We got next year. Cool. I'll be going to some PNG playoff games this year. I'm ready man. I agree with keeping the rivalry friendly, but you gotta have some nastyness in it too. That's what makes it a rivalry. Great quote I heard yesterday...."We will fight you until hell freezes over...then we will fight you on ice." Love it. Good luck in Livingston.

Very classy post Nederland Dog.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oh, well, if I had lost 19 straight games (with 2 ties) to the Indians I'd probably not like the Indians. (that is, if I was stupid and moved to Nederland! lol) It was time we beat them and lets start a new era of wins against Nederland.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I saw a YouTube video of Nederland athletes putting on the boxing gloves and going at it on their tennis court. Funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGy0EaKsVm8

Look at all those slaps, haymakers and rabbit punches. 'Dem' Nederland boys never could fight worth a durn... and still cain't. ;D :punchingbag:

that was from 2003...we've gotten alot better !! :woohoo:

NONS81

I like the rivalry, seeing my boss wear her purple shirt on Monday brought a little smile to my face!!! She sent me "Who let the Dogs out" on my cell and I sent her "Cherokee". Remembering us Indianettes, riding down Nederland Ave before school on Friday, singing Cherokee - Classic...do they still do that, I wonder? I have to agree, as long as the pranks are not distructive, I think they are fine - but you and I both know there will be someone that will take it past that point...on one side or the other...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Hey, NDN81, do you want to go to the school board meeting tonight? I will pick you up if you do. Call me.

squaw said:
Hey, NDN81, do you want to go to the school board meeting tonight? I will pick you up if you do. Call me.

Hi Squaw,

Why does NDN81 get an offer for a ride?? I'm not exactly sure where to go... You didnt offer moi a ride?? :angel:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
PurplePrideBandRulez said:
squaw said:

Hi Squaw,

Why does NDN81 get an offer for a ride?? I'm not exactly sure where to go... You didnt offer moi a ride?? :angel:

Have you ever seen squaw drive???? Remember the old Wendys commercials? WHERES THE BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehe.................sowwy squaw, had to say it!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Very funny, Justafan! ;D

PurplePrideBandRulz: I'm scared to offer you a ride! hehehe
Seriously, come meet us at the meeting. If you see a chubby, red-haired old lady, that's most likely me! I heard that a lot of interesting things are going on.

NDN X

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Very funny, Justafan! ;D

PurplePrideBandRulz: I'm scared to offer you a ride! hehehe
Seriously, come meet us at the meeting. If you see a chubby, red-haired old lady, that's most likely me! I heard that a lot of interesting things are going on.

what kind of stuff, I may go too!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores