As of today's date - do we have an applicant yet?

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Im not sure. I guess unless they let it be known themselves we will not know.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I wanna say that I heard we have 12 applicants but don't quote me on that. I can't remember where i heard it.

N

NDNPARENT

who on the committee to interview and recommend a new coach?

i think it should be 2 board members and a selected few from the community like 2 from PN and 2 from Groves. And the person from the community is selected by ramdom and the person agrees to do it. can not be a friend or family of a boaard member. and also a register voter taxpayer! and maybe the HS pricipal. that would be 7 ppl and no question on a tie vote!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
As with any other school position, those best suited to hire for that position are sitting in on the interviews, plus some board members. The community doesn't sit in when a principal or teacher is hired, and those have much more influence on far more kids.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
According to a board member, they have hired a Coaching Consultant from Region V to review the resumes and applications. However, I do not know if this person will be sitting in on the interviews.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
TravelingNDN said:
The Superintendent, Asst Superintendent,Principal,GirlsAC,MiddleSchoolPrincipal and one school board member.
WRONG! Three handpicked board members and only one citizen who has lots of ties in PNGISD as he is a retired administrator. Of course, the principals, asst. superintendent are involved, too. When I telephoned and asked the superintendant's office who is on the committee the response I got was "she hasn't released those names yet." My concern and question: Is it already a done deal and why all the secrets if its being done up to standards???

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
squaw said:
TravelingNDN said:
The Superintendent, Asst Superintendent,Principal,GirlsAC,MiddleSchoolPrincipal and one school board member.
WRONG! Three handpicked board members and only one citizen who has lots of ties in PNGISD as he is a retired administrator. Of course, the principals, asst. superintendent are involved, too. When I telephoned and asked the superintendant's office who is on the committee the response I got was "she hasn't released those names yet." My concern and question: Is it already a done deal and why all the secrets if its being done up to standards???

negative, the info above is correct. Randall, Curl, Keith, Cummings, Comeaux, & another school board member.

NONS81

PNGIndianFan06 said:
According to a board member, they have hired a Coaching Consultant from Region V to review the resumes and applications. However, I do not know if this person will be sitting in on the interviews.

Do they hire a consultant for everything now days? Sure hope it is not the same consultant that they hired to oversee the bond issue!!! lol

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG1992 said:
squaw said:
TravelingNDN said:
Well, someone told us that he is on the selection committee and methinks he does not lie.

negative, the info above is correct. Randall, Curl, Keith, Cummings, Comeaux, & another school board member.

OLD_cj79

Well if Hooper is on it, then why isn't old Mr. Briggs, if Mr. Briggs is on it, why isn't Mrs Walker, If she is on it, then why isn't Mrs. James! wow folks you gotta draw a line somewhere. I think this is a great committee... Two long time png coaches, that are current principles, and know the game really well. Current sitting board member, and super and vice super what else can you ask for. I feel that no mater what many people will be unsatisfied, and gripe no matter what!!!!

modmouse78

100+ Posts
OLD_cj79 said:
Well if Hooper is on it, then why isn't old Mr. Briggs, if Mr. Briggs is on it, why isn't Mrs Walker, If she is on it, then why isn't Mrs. James! wow folks you gotta draw a line somewhere. I think this is a great committee... Two long time png coaches, that are current principles, and know the game really well. Current sitting board member, and super and vice super what else can you ask for. I feel that no mater what many people will be unsatisfied, and gripe no matter what!!!!

Exactly how i feel. Why would you want Hooper on it anyway?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
modmouse78 said:
OLD_cj79 said:

Exactly how i feel. Why would you want Hooper on it anyway?

Probably because Cummings is the principal at GMS and Hooper is the principal at PNMS and both have coaching experience.

Gumbeaux

Its not like they need 20 people in the room...If the selected group can not come to an agreement with the years of experience, degrees, and education they all have then ....hell......just throw it all out the window and get you a BALL coach!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Gumbeaux said:
Its not like they need 20 people in the room...If the selected group can not come to an agreement with the years of experience, degrees, and education they all have then ....hell......just throw it all out the window and get you a BALL coach!
What I want to know is which board member you are???? Wanting a selection committee that is fair and equal to both communities is not unreasonable. Why would you want a washed up coach (and not a great coach, to boot) and three (not two) handpicked board members and no unbiased members at all??? IMHO there should be two citizens from each community that have no hidden agenda. You can call it griping all you want--seems like if anyone has any concern at all they are "griping and complaining". I guess taxpayers aren't allowed to have an opinion. Is that right?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Gumbeaux said:
What I want to know is which board member you are???? Wanting a selection committee that is fair and equal to both communities is not unreasonable. Why would you want a washed up coach (and not a great coach, to boot) and three (not two) handpicked board members and no unbiased members at all??? IMHO there should be two citizens from each community that have no hidden agenda. You can call it griping all you want--seems like if anyone has any concern at all they are "griping and complaining". I guess taxpayers aren't allowed to have an opinion. Is that right?

Washed up coach?? Who are refering to? Some could say the same of you.... "An Old washed up school teacher who wasn't a very good teacher when she taught." Buy I do not know you so I can't make that statement. Nor I ever would even if I knew you. Thats is whats wrong with society today, comments like that. From what I read from your post, you are a bitter person and have nothing to say but negative things.
I think the commitee they picked is very good. My kids played for the 2 former coaches and I have all the respect in the world for both.

OLD_cj79

Wow Those are some harsh words their Squaw! I played for both former coaches, and have a great deal of respect for them. These two guys have only the best intent for our program. In fact our defense has declined in performance since both came off the staff. As far as a representative of the community goes, i think that is just a little far fetched. To just pick two people from out of the community and say here ya go, go get em tiger is just silly...After all isn't that what board members are unbiased members of the community that are elected to represent us in the tough decisions of running our district. Look these people on our board, and our super have a tough decision ahead of them. They can pick a coach who comes out and wins state next year, then loses 4 years in a row, and people will say they made the wrong decision. He can come out and win 7 games a year and never win in the playoffs wrong decision. He can come out and go three rounds deep in the playoffs, and people will say hey the other guy would have never lost that game, and we would have 4 titles. I'm sure the board and the super are inundated with phone calls and questions on who will be the next coach. In fact I'm sure they are feeling the pressure of selecting the right person for the position... I'm curious to know what hidden agenda Squaw thinks the board has. To me the upfront agenda will be to hire a qualified coach who will lead the boys to be winners in more ways than just on the score board. Who can help build a sound football team and overall athletic program. Maybe they secretly would like to hire a former rugby player who knows nothing about football, and lose all the games. That way they can have people gripe at them all the time, yes that sounds fun to me! Or they are prepared to hire the best coach for the position that will build a good team so they can actually enjoy showing their face in the community.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores