As of today's date - do we have an applicant yet?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I don't agree with any current coaches being on the committee because it will influence their decision if a certain coach may opt not to keep them on a coaches. It is a conflict of interest. The former coaches are the best you are going to get.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I agree that the current coaches should not be on the committee but mainly because there are 3 at each middle school campus, so that would be 6 before anybody else was added...this committee could get huge!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I don't agree with any current coaches being on the committee because it will influence their decision if a certain coach may opt not to keep them on a coaches. It is a conflict of interest. The former coaches are the best you are going to get.
I was not talking about any assistant coaches--just the head coach at each middle school.(2) I feel pretty sure a new HC won't bring his own middle school coaches.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Subordinate positions usually don't interview or have input on a hiring decision. It's usually peers or above.

I have no doubt that the PNGISD school board and administrators are well aware of how critical the coaching decision is. I also believe they care as much as anyone in the community and that they'll get it right.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores