Athletic Facilities

tribesman

100+ Posts
Concessions and restrooms are in the right field corner with the current layout of the park. If home plate was moved out to center field, looks to me like the concessions and restrooms are about the same distance either way. Someone enlighten me here...It is a long way to the restroom between innings, but it probably increases concession sales with fans having to pass right by the stand on the way in. Someone commented earlier about the food. Every time that I have been at the park, they have sold Chick-Fil-A, Dominos Pizza, etc. Food didn't seem bad at all...

NDN79

500+ Posts
Some people just feel the need to complain--no matter what. We should all be very proud of all the facilities (old and new) that we have on the reservation! There are a lot of schools that would gladly trade places with PN-G. Has everything always turned out perfect--no, but it is much better than the alternative. We are very blessed and fortunate on the Reservation, and I for one am very happy and appreciative of the facilities here!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN79 said:
Some people just feel the need to complain--no matter what. We should all be very proud of all the facilities (old and new) that we have on the reservation! There are a lot of schools that would gladly trade places with PN-G. Has everything always turned out perfect--no, but it is much better than the alternative. We are very blessed and fortunate on the Reservation, and I for one am very happy and appreciative of the facilities here!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I hope you are not referring to me. My spouse graduated in '57, our oldest son in '77, daughter in '78 and youngest son in '81 and all were involved in athletics. I just want YOUR children to have the best available and not settle for less. If you disagree, that's your right and I don't judge you.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't mean to start a disagreement. I thought the facilities deserved to be highlighted in such a way. Even some colleges aren't as fortunate as PN-G HS. And the facilities are still improving.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I am glad and proud for you squaw that your children graduated in the late 70's and early 80's., but what did that have to do with the topic at hand? The discussion was over the discontent some people had with our current new facilities.I fail to see the relevance back to the 70's and 80's.Also, I do not have any children in the PN-G system now, and when I did I was perfectly satisfied with the facilities they had to participate in. And yes I know that I have the right to disagree with opinions on this board--and I do not worry whether you or anyone else is judging me.I go back to my original point--I feel very blessed and fortunate for the facilities we have here on the Reservation! Judge away.....

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I talked to Matt Burnett last year while he was still Head Coach and Boy's Athletic Coordinator and he told me the original plan was to turn the field around so that both homeplates (baseball and softball) were back to back. Apparently that changed somewhere along the way. I am very proud of our new concession stand and restrooms. So much nicer than before. Also, I understand it being in a central location. In years past, the softball fields had only portable potties and had to walk to the concession stand that was under the baseball bleachers.

While I wish they would have turned the fields around before, I guess it is too late to do that. I do hope they redo the stands at both fields. The baseball stands are an injury waiting to happen and I have a hard time even climbing the stands at the softball field. Thos stands are steep!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores