Bad Sportsmanship

badndn said:
61ndn said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
61ndn said:
Their players also ran on the field during the tribute to Tip Durham last week at our stadium. Perhaps they didn't realize what was happening, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but looks like their coach would have a little chat with them if that kind of behavior has become a habit.

Actually the LCM team ran on the field during the Indian highlight video set to the that new rock tune (after the Tip Durham video). Frankly, if I were coach of an opposing team I would not hold my team back while a highlight video of the home team is being played.
You are right, it was LCM. When I posted I thought they had been posting about LCM...my error. I would not hold my team back for a video of the home team was being played either, however, I believe I would when it was a tribute to someone who had just passed away. Again, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, it is very possible they didn't know what was going on. I didn't feel badly at all that they brought all that "train horn" power but seldom got to use it. Now let's spoil the Pirate's homecoming by lighting up the scoreboard ourselves.

LCM did not run on the field during the tribute to Mr. Durham. Coach Crouch would never allow that to happen! We were just coming into the stadium during the tribute to Tip and watched it from the bottom of the stands. It was much later that LCM ran onto the field during the highlight video of the football team as we were already in our seats. I ain't got no problem with that. I wouldn't ask my team to sit around and watch the other teams highlight reel!

The only issue I have with what Lumberton did was the excuse. That's BS. There is plenty of room for warmups after halftime between the endzone and the track at NHS. We don't seem to have a problem when we play there.
I would respectfully disagree that they did not run thru during the tribute because I mentioned it to someone sitting next to me.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
LCM ran on the field during the playing of video highlights with Jason's Indian Nation song. They probably didn't even realize what was playing on the big screen.

61ndn said:
badndn said:
61ndn said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
61ndn said:
Their players also ran on the field during the tribute to Tip Durham last week at our stadium. Perhaps they didn't realize what was happening, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but looks like their coach would have a little chat with them if that kind of behavior has become a habit.

Actually the LCM team ran on the field during the Indian highlight video set to the that new rock tune (after the Tip Durham video). Frankly, if I were coach of an opposing team I would not hold my team back while a highlight video of the home team is being played.
You are right, it was LCM. When I posted I thought they had been posting about LCM...my error. I would not hold my team back for a video of the home team was being played either, however, I believe I would when it was a tribute to someone who had just passed away. Again, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, it is very possible they didn't know what was going on. I didn't feel badly at all that they brought all that "train horn" power but seldom got to use it. Now let's spoil the Pirate's homecoming by lighting up the scoreboard ourselves.

LCM did not run on the field during the tribute to Mr. Durham. Coach Crouch would never allow that to happen! We were just coming into the stadium during the tribute to Tip and watched it from the bottom of the stands. It was much later that LCM ran onto the field during the highlight video of the football team as we were already in our seats. I ain't got no problem with that. I wouldn't ask my team to sit around and watch the other teams highlight reel!

The only issue I have with what Lumberton did was the excuse. That's BS. There is plenty of room for warmups after halftime between the endzone and the track at NHS. We don't seem to have a problem when we play there.
I would respectfully disagree that they did not run thru during the tribute because I mentioned it to someone sitting next to me.
I was obviously mistaken and owe the LCM players an apology so I hope they will accept this as one. Perhaps it was their band that started playing or something for I definitely remember commenting on it to someone sitting next to be but since I can't remember for sure what it was (an sure sign of my age) I am not going to accuse any one at this point in time.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores