Barbers Hill Strengths?

SethNDN

Ok as we are still basking in PNGs victory last night.... What are the strengths of BH for next week and how does PNG match up with them.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
They have a new coach, Tom Westerberg from Allen HS north of Dallas, and they run the spread offense. On YouTube, I found a few videos and they throw the ball on bubble screens, set up the defense for a quick strike, and then they throw it deep. They look comparable to PN-G, i.e., similar size and speed. The videos did not show their QB getting any pressure.

If Preston Hughes is banged up, who is the second string RB? #19? Any others that rotate with #19? Does PN-G have any other injuries going into the playoffs? I enjoyed reading about the PN-G victory over Nederland.

Go Indians. Peace.

SethNDN

1989NDN said:
They have a new coach, Tom Westerberg from Allen HS north of Dallas, and they run the spread offense. On YouTube, I found a few videos and they throw the ball on bubble screens, set up the defense for a quick strike, and then they throw it deep. They look comparable to PN-G, i.e., similar size and speed. The videos did not show their QB getting any pressure.

If Preston Hughes is banged up, who is the second string RB? #19? Any others that rotate with #19? Does PN-G have any other injuries going into the playoffs? I enjoyed reading about the PN-G victory over Nederland.

Go Indians. Peace.

Logan L played RB vs Nederland.
I heard that the second string RB was hurt vs Ozen.
From the first game it seems Bost would we strong running the football if necessary

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Barbers Hill games results
@ Vidor (Vidor, TX)
40 - 6Win

Santa Fe (Santa Fe, TX)
54 - 13Win

@ Crosby (Crosby, TX)
42 - 18Loss

Kingwood Park
54 - 3Win

@ Caney Creek
63 - 20Win

Dayton
42 - 21Win

@ Splendora
49 - 7Win

Humble
48 - 26Win

@ New Caney
42 - 17Loss

Porter
29 - 21Win

prepballfan

Staff member
SO watching videos and what stata I have been able to get I see that BH gives up alot of yards on defense but, seems to be a formidable offense. WIll try to put together a report of some sort for you in the next day or so!!!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Against the winning teams in their district, Crosby and New Caney, they got blown out. They barely squeaked out a win against Porter.

We got this.

Tomahawk4

Don't discredit BH. First of all, they spent HUGE money getting the Allen Head Coach and he turned them from 1-9 last year to 8-2 this year. They also like to throw and we are typically weak in the zone we run in the Secondary. We have to be ready defensively for an air attack by BH and cover.
Our QB is amazing, but we can't keep running him every play. We need him healthy, not hurt.
We also need to stop talking about who we would play at Thanksgiving. Take it a week at a time, prepare for each week's opponent and get the win.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Tomahawk4 said:
Don't discredit BH. First of all, they spent HUGE money getting the Allen Head Coach and he turned them from 1-9 last year to 8-2 this year. They also like to throw and we are typically weak in the zone we run in the Secondary. We have to be ready defensively for an air attack by BH and cover.
Our QB is amazing, but we can't keep running him every play. We need him healthy, not hurt.
We also need to stop talking about who we would play at Thanksgiving. Take it a week at a time, prepare for each week's opponent and get the win.

+1

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
We'll be alternating Bost and Lejune as RB, every other series. They will get the job done.
Gotta give RJ some time, and he'll pick apart their defense.

prepballfan

Staff member
We need to pass this game have not passed to much since the PA game. gotta get it going early

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
modmouse78 said:
Any word on McZeal..i heard that he may be out this game.

Good to hear from you again modmouse78. Someone said that McZeal is out for the remainder of the season. I hope not.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Barbers Hill (8-2) vs. Port Neches-Groves (9-1), 7 p.m. Friday at Beaumont’s Umphrey Stadium

What a debut for Barbers Hill and new HC Tom Westerberg, who led the Eagles to an 8-2 mark in a very tough Houston area district. Barbers Hill capped off their regular season in style last week by pulling off an upset of New Caney Porter. Now, they’ll look to do the same against favored Port Neches-Groves, whose only loss of the year was to highly regarded Port Arthur Memorial. PNG has an extremely powerful offense led by sophomore QB Roschon Johnson. He’s got a lot of playmakers and the pressure isn’t on the youngster to do everything. Barbers Hill will have a sound game plan on defense, but PNG’s offense figures things out in the second half.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 10
Craven’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Max’s Pick: Barbers Hill

http://www.texasfootball.com/first-round-preview-breaking-biggest-games-texas-high-school-football-playoffs/

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores