NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Here is what I got from the Baytown Sun newspaper on Barbers Hill:

Eagles look for improvement

By Nick Cioci
The Baytown Sun

Published August 8, 2008

It’s experiment time at Barbers Hill.

Head football coach Don Price plans on switching Jake Ponder from the offensive line to the defensive line to fill one of the holes the Eagles have on defense.

“We are looking for an inside linebacker, defensive line and a running back,” said Price, who has been coaching at Barbers Hill since 1992 and the head coach since 1998.

“We need guys that can play on Friday nights.”

The key returnees the Eagles have on defense are inside linebacker Stefan Wright and defensi ve back Jordan Stelly.

Wright had 30 tackles and two interceptions last year, while Stelly had 54 tackles and six passes broken up.

The Eagles have many key starters returning this year, but most are on offense where the Price can count six returning starters.

The big name returning for the Eagles is starting quarterback Tony Carmona.

Carmona had 79 completions in 144 attempts last year for 1372 yards.

He also ran 142 times for 711 yards.

Carmona also has some familiar targets coming back to throw to. Carter Smith and Jay Burditt led the way in receiving for Barbers Hill last year.

Smith has 32 catches for 676 yards, while Burditt had 29 catches for 443 yards.

“These guys are our leaders,” Price said. “They are all seniors, so they provide a lot of the leadership to the team.”

The Eagles went 6-4 last year , missing the playoffs by one game. They are looking to improve on that record this year and return to the top of their district .

The first game for the Eagles is at home on Friday, Aug. 29 at 7:30 p.m. against Port Neches-Groves.

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
It will be here before you know it. I think Barbers Hill just moved up to 4-A 3 years ago. It should prove to be an exciting game and on some new territory for the Indians. GO INDIAN, BEAT THE EAGLES.......INDIANKEN

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
FIRE IT UP PEP RALLY TONIGHT, FRIDAY THE 22 IN THE GYM! LET'S GET THIS YEAR STARTED OFF RIGHT! WE DON'T HAVE ANY ROOM FOR NEGATIVITY, JUST PURE PNG SPIRIT. INDIANKEN

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
Who's going Friday?

Barbers Hill ISD is located at the intersection of Interstate Hwy 10 and Eagle Drive (FM 3180) in Mont Belvieu, Chambers County, Texas. We are approximately 30 miles east of Houston, and 50 miles west of Beaumont.

From Houston or Baytown

Take IH 10 East to Exit 800 (FM 3180). Go under the overpass and turn right; ramp veers to the right; go over the interstate.

From Beaumont

Take IH 10 West to Exit 800. Turn right and the schools are on your right in the above order.

The school campuses are on your right in this order:
Intermediate (front); Elementary (back);
Kindergarten Center (front); Primary (back);
Administration Building
Middle School and DAEP
High School is just past the Baptist church as you continue north.

Athletic Facilities

Eagle Stadium is behind the Middle School. Visitors should turn right on Perry Ave and park on the east side (without press box).
The Field House is on the south end of the stadium. Visitors should enter between the Admin bldg and the Kindergarten campus.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I will not be making the trip. I have been extended an invitation to watch a sophomore receiver starting for West Brook that I cannot pass up since PNG is playing so far away. This kid is great and is expected to be their starting QB next year as a Junior. Anyway, back to PNG. Can someone provide some kind of game footage?

PNGfan

100+ Posts
This may be the only game of the year if the storm hits here. Hopefully not, but this sounds like it's gonna be a big one.

INDIAN999

JV And Freshman both play at Barbers Hill. 6 and 7:30 on Thursday. Friend of mine lives in that area,He says their varsity is talented but picked to have an average year because their somewhat young. But the Barbers Hill JV team and freshman are strong...Guess we'll see.
GO Indians!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Will the game be aired on the radio or Internet? I am staying home tonight instead of heading to West Brook and would like to pick the game up.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PA Snooze mentioned that it's on 92.5 FM. They also stream the audio. Kickoff is 7:30. Pre-game may begin sooner.

http://www.cool925.com/main.html

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores