Baseball field work

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I just wanted to get a place ready for when plans are released and work begins on the new baseball field. I am hoping that things will start up pretty soon.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coach Stone has built a tremendous program and led the Indians to the playoffs at least the last 12 straight years. I would argue that the baseball is the best athletic program going at PNG. Coach Stone and the Indian baseball teams deserve the best of facilities.

N

NDNPARENT

Oh boy another bond issue we can have, hmm do we go with a retractable roof or not??

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Updating the baseball and softball facilities is already in this bond as are the tennis courts. Both are valid needs. The current softball field is a joke.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNPARENT said:
Oh boy another bond issue we can have, hmm do we go with a retractable roof or not??

You seem quite obsessed (& bitter) with the bond issue. I've only read 33% of your posts, but, they've both been about the bond. Did things not go the way you had hoped? Did you think the bond was for something other than what it passed for? Are you surprised that the stadium is going to go over budget?
Enquiring minds want to know!

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:

Man, seems like we have us an athletics hater. You must be one of the fans that leave after halftime.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Athletics is a BIG part of the community. The discipline and work ethic learned while participating in PNG athletics and events has helped mold a lot of upstanding kids and adults.

Move on over to my district (Cy-Fair) if you want to see some facilities that will blow your mind about how much money is spent. You can enjoy a football game in one of our multi-million dollar concrete stadiums. Or catch a basketball game in the 9000+ seat Berry Center that's part of an $80 million complex. Or one of the many natatoriums we have across the district. Or attend a baseball or softball game at one of the 9 or so campus parks that beat anything the Triangle has. It's all relative.

But trust me, PNG facilities have been very sub par for years and overdue for every $$ being spent.

NONS81

I heard from a reliabel source just yesterday - there will be no new softball or baseball improvements - we a over budget!!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
I heard from a reliabel source just yesterday - there will be no new softball or baseball improvements - we a over budget!!!!!
I heard that they called Jay Stone in either Wed. or Thurs. this past week and told him that there will be NO new work done on either the baseball or softball fields because they have serious budget problems. I heard two figures----12 million and/or 15 million. I've been called "negative" but if you go back to earlier posts you will see I was correct all along. (comes from experience with three previous bonds!) BTW, this was from the horse's mouth itself! Very, very credible info. Our baseball field needs serious work. There is no parking, much less handicapped parking. Oh, I forgot--they say there is handicapped parking inside the fence, but the gates are always closed! I am sick--was hoping for a baseball complex. Maybe next bond......

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
squaw said:
NDNS81 said:
I heard that they called Jay Stone in either Wed. or Thurs. this past week and told him that there will be NO new work done on either the baseball or softball fields because they have serious budget problems. I heard two figures----12 million and/or 15 million. I've been called "negative" but if you go back to earlier posts you will see I was correct all along. (comes from experience with three previous bonds!) BTW, this was from the horse's mouth itself! Very, very credible info. Our baseball field needs serious work. There is no parking, much less handicapped parking. Oh, I forgot--they say there is handicapped parking inside the fence, but the gates are always closed! I am sick--was hoping for a baseball complex. Maybe next bond......

It has been confirmed that both softball and baseball coaches were informed of this last week and was passed on to the kids. (Discussion of not working on the bb and sb fields began last summer!) Those of us who have kids in those programs are not happy at all. We just got screwed again. Didn't we have a trustee candidate trying to get people to understand these bond issues? These overruns can't be blame on cost increases. I hate it for our kids. But if I say anymore I guess I will be accused of being negative as well. If you question anything, you must not be for the kids.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree. (but, of course, I am "negative") We have too many people who think the citizens of this community are stupid and don't know what's going on and then others who don't care what's going on and just go along with the "status quo". I know one thing--my civil rights---and some people had better be very careful of what they say. Everyone has a right to vote the way they want! Not everybody votes with an old dude who thinks he controls everything! Enough said.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
squaw said:
NDNS81 said:

What next bond? As long as we keep pulling figures out of a hat as to what actual cost are and/or will be, we will never get another bond passed. On top of that, how do you become over budget when you have a contract that "is not to exceed" a certain amount? Could someone answer that one for me? Just how stupid do these people think we are? Maybe we have another decimal error?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
squaw said:
NDNS81 said:

It has been confirmed that both softball and baseball coaches were informed of this last week and was passed on to the kids. (Discussion of not working on the bb and sb fields began last summer!) Those of us who have kids in those programs are not happy at all. We just got screwed again. Didn't we have a trustee candidate trying to get people to understand these bond issues? These overruns can't be blame on cost increases. I hate it for our kids. But if I say anymore I guess I will be accused of being negative as well. If you question anything, you must not be for the kids.

I believe the correct term for asking questions is "not being a team player". If this is a game, then we need to lay all the cards out on the table and antee up!!! The questions have only just begun....mark my words.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
squaw said:
I agree. (but, of course, I am "negative") We have too many people who think the citizens of this community are stupid and don't know what's going on and then others who don't care what's going on and just go along with the "status quo". I know one thing--my civil rights---and some people had better be very careful of what they say. Everyone has a right to vote the way they want! Not everybody votes with an old dude who thinks he controls everything! Enough said.

Squaw - you should know by now that you only have the right to vote the way "they" want you to vote. If you go against them THEN, you are a trouble maker. What good are votes anyway, when the voting machines are locked up in a building that is controlled by the district that several people have keys to.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
squaw said:

Squaw - you should know by now that you only have the right to vote the way "they" want you to vote. If you go against them THEN, you are a trouble maker. What good are votes anyway, when the voting machines are locked up in a building that is controlled by the district that several people have keys to.

Based on my posts last football season, everyone knows that I don't support everything that the district does. However . . . Come on guys, the county counted the bond election votes. The district had nothing to do with it other thn having a person there to witness the counting.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGfan93--you know I respect your opinions, but in this case there are things that you must not know about if you think the election was done properly. The county had nothing to do with it (and that's a direct quote from my old friend Carolyn Guidry who used to run these elections). The election was run entirely by PNGISD.

VegasNDN

I think that lack of funding for the baseball and softball programs is brutal. However, if the fields need some work or the stands need painting or whatever the need, then why can't Stone just ask some of the boys to do some volunteer work. We did it when D.R. was the coach back in the late 80's. We thought that since we played there, we would benefit, so we went out and did A LOT of work on our own time. I know it sucks but it is what it is at this point.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
VegasNDN said:
I think that lack of funding for the baseball and softball programs is brutal. However, if the fields need some work or the stands need painting or whatever the need, then why can't Stone just ask some of the boys to do some volunteer work. We did it when D.R. was the coach back in the late 80's. We thought that since we played there, we would benefit, so we went out and did A LOT of work on our own time. I know it sucks but it is what it is at this point.

Jack Daniels redid the softball fields also, way back when. The point is still, that this was part of the bond that we all voted on and it passed and now we are not getting what was voted on. Over budget on the High School.

VegasNDN

I hear you loud and clear. I am overwhelmed at the incompetence of this school board. However, in light of the situation, if some minor work needs to be done to the baseball and softball fields it should be done with volunteer work. I would help put some time in with Stone and the boys but I can't living 2,000 miles away.

Not looking to start a new post but if there was a Booster Club in place, there would be money to supliment some of these costs.......I'm just saying :)

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
VegasNDN said:
I hear you loud and clear. I am overwhelmed at the incompetence of this school board. However, in light of the situation, if some minor work needs to be done to the baseball and softball fields it should be done with volunteer work. I would help put some time in with Stone and the boys but I can't living 2,000 miles away.

Not looking to start a new post but if there was a Booster Club in place, there would be money to supliment some of these costs.......I'm just saying :)

I plan to make myself available to the softball coaches, if they need me.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores