Baseball field work

N

NDNPARENT

I am voting against every bond that comes out in the future, as long as the SAME ppl are on the board i will vote again them!
Let the board memembers pay for the fields out of thier own pocket since they do not know how to do simple math! Sad to say they must of went to PNG to learn how to do math. They must have ran out of fingers and toes to count hahahahha. The board should be called The Waste Money board!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
VegasNDN said:
I hear you loud and clear. I am overwhelmed at the incompetence of this school board. However, in light of the situation, if some minor work needs to be done to the baseball and softball fields it should be done with volunteer work. I would help put some time in with Stone and the boys but I can't living 2,000 miles away.

Not looking to start a new post but if there was a Booster Club in place, there would be money to supliment some of these costs.......I'm just saying :)

I plan to make myself available to the softball coaches, if they need me.

If someone can secure permission from the district to work on the facilities and materials to do the work, I will make myself available for labor for both baseball and softball. We also need equipment to do the work, such as a tractor to spread shell in the parking lot since we won't be getting concrete. (I'm assuming that no one can get concrete donated.)

No one saw this increase in prices when bond costs were projected. I'm no fan of the board, but I'm not totally faulting them for this one.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
MightyNDNS said:
VegasNDN said:
I hear you loud and clear. I am overwhelmed at the incompetence of this school board. However, in light of the situation, if some minor work needs to be done to the baseball and softball fields it should be done with volunteer work. I would help put some time in with Stone and the boys but I can't living 2,000 miles away.

Not looking to start a new post but if there was a Booster Club in place, there would be money to supliment some of these costs.......I'm just saying :)

If someone can secure permission from the district to work on the facilities and materials to do the work, I will make myself available for labor for both baseball and softball. We also need equipment to do the work, such as a tractor to spread shell in the parking lot since we won't be getting concrete. (I'm assuming that no one can get concrete donated.)

No one saw this increase in prices when bond costs were projected. I'm no fan of the board, but I'm not totally faulting them for this one.

I hate to be "negative" again PNGfan, but talk of not working on those fields began last summer. Those of us who are involved in those programs are not totally surprised. Many things had been cut from the bond before school started last year.

These kids already participate in fund raisers, (a lot of which get paid for out of parents' pockets) so why should we be asked to work on the fields? I voted for a bond to pay for those items, attended meetings where promises were made. There was no exclusion for cost increases. There is already a 30% contengency in place.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
pngfan93 said:
MightyNDNS said:
VegasNDN said:

I hate to be "negative" again PNGfan, but talk of not working on those fields began last summer. Those of us who are involved in those programs are not totally surprised. Many things had been cut from the bond before school started last year.

These kids already participate in fund raisers, (a lot of which get paid for out of parents' pockets) so why should we be asked to work on the fields? I voted for a bond to pay for those items, attended meetings where promises were made. There was no exclusion for cost increases. There is already a 30% contengency in place.

My post was actually meant to center on what I was willing to do to help out. I don't have any kids in high school, but I'd like to see the facilities improve.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
The stands are in bad shape - splinters in your butt evertime you sit down. The boys stands are a little scary also. Metal would nice or maybe all we could hope for would be to have the old planks sanded or planed or whatever it is that you do to wood to smooth it, short of replacing with new boards.

I feel like I am begging - that just sucks...very disappointed.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores