Baytown Lee at PN-G

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Indians have done the district championship 4-peat twice. 1952-1955 and 1974-1977.

Five in a row would be a first.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
2019 could be a milestone season for PN-G football:
- 600+ wins
- 5 straight district championships
- 7 straight playoff appearances
I may be overlooking something?

It is always good to be a PN-G Indian.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
What is
PN-G 31
Baytown Lee 14

Final

PN-G defense played a strong 2nd half. On offense, the Indians did what they had to do for the W. Seemed close to exploding for a big half. When PN-G puts all three phases together, they will be a tough out. Defense bends, but doesn't break. The offense hits its stride and then has a hiccup or two. Kicking game is solid. Good start to the district race.

Go Indians! Peace.

What?! PN-G has a defense???? o_O

I find it hilarious that every season we are bombarded by area opinions of how weak the Indians are. Every year we hear that PNG has no defense. Well, the proof is on the field and not in the minds of all the pundits. Last season the Indians had the second best defense in the district. This season they’re looking better. Maybe we’ll even hear some recognition!

Way to go Indians. Keep playing tough.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan...I agree. I did not see the game tonight. I've only seen PN-G play @ Huntsville. Tonight, the PN-G radio team said over and over again that the Indians had a lot of purple jerseys around the football. That matches what I saw in the 2nd half @ Huntsville. The PN-G defense had some bend, but no break. In Huntsville, the storm troopers read the play and ran down the football. They got helmets on the ball carrier. Tackling was better. Tackling still sounds pretty solid as described by the radio guys. Having a few three year starters on defense makes a difference. Those kids have seen it all before. They have confidence. Now, they react and go tackle. Coaching staff seems pretty strong at making 2nd half adjustments. The D has been strong this year in the 2nd half. PN-G will never be the 1985 Chicago Bears, but this year's team has some ability to make stops. If the Indians can get the offense clicking, watch out. They will make some noise.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores