baytown restaurant suggestions

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Pappasitos is not far from there either...that's where we're gonna try and go, but if a lot of us are gonna go to El Toro I may go there instead, it's closer and it's very good!

So, the first one there...tell them we need a table for 500 :thud:!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
We like to go to Iguana Joe's. Turn right at highway 146.....it is on your right. Mexican food.
Here is a link.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=iquana+joes,+Baytown,+TX&fb=1&gl=us&hq=iquana+joes,&hnear=Baytown,+TX&cid=3867251371920345134

And this:

http://www.ijoesmenu.com/main.htm

BIG ATT

Does anyone out there remember the Mexican restaurant El Chicos? It was a 2 story restaurant across the street from the Astrodome. We used to go there and eat before the games back in the 70's...

NDNband69

500+ Posts
For Iguana Joe's, the earlier the better. They get packed by the locals.....always a big crowd. They move the crowd quickly. And leave some room for the complimentary ice cream cone.

indianforever

100+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
For Iguana Joe's, the earlier the better. They get packed by the locals.....always a big crowd. They move the crowd quickly. And leave some room for the complimentary ice cream cone.
i plan on seeing yall there :woot:

ndn2006

There are some real good hole in the wall places. Roosters is by lee college and it's really good. And there is also Someburger down close to lee college as well, my friends parents own it and they are the best burgers ever!

Iguana Joe's on 146 in Mont Belview has the best Mexican food I have ever put in my mouth. I don't eat avacados (?) but their green sauce is to die for. Have a cooler with you so you can get some to bring home. It keeps very well in the fridge. I like to add a little lime juice and salt...um..um good. I bought a gallon one year to have on hand for some holiday get togethers. There in nothing like it in the Golden Triangle. The green adult beverages are good too. The earlier you get there the better since BH is just down the road.

jspikes

so this is better than pappsitos?? meetin the parents at about 430 there and i might just have to change my mind if thats better than pappa lemme know

Indians07

Iguana Joe's is awesome. We eat there almost every time we go through Baytown, except when we are visting family. I imagine it will be very packed. I'm not sure you can say that it is better the Pappasito's. You'll have to make that judgement for yourself. Thinking about it makes me hungry though...

You won't regret giving IJoe's a try. Hubby had several surgeries at Fondren Clinic in Houston and we planned his doctors visits so we could stop there at meal time either going or coming. Let's fill it up with the purple and white. Hopew to see you there but we will be there early!!!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
61ndn said:
Iguana Joe's on 146 in Mont Belview has the best Mexican food I have ever put in my mouth. I don't eat avacados (?) but their green sauce is to die for. Have a cooler with you so you can get some to bring home. It keeps very well in the fridge. I like to add a little lime juice and salt...um..um good. I bought a gallon one year to have on hand for some holiday get togethers. There in nothing like it in the Golden Triangle. The green adult beverages are good too. The earlier you get there the better since BH is just down the road.

Chips and hot sauce sounds good. Maybe you can bring me a doggy bag to the game. ;D

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores