BEAT LIVINGSTON!!!!!!!

PNGALWAYS

One of the most important games of the season, and a chance for revenge for last years defeat on the reservation. I am surprised there is not more chatter about it. Lets fire things up!!!!!!

wacape

100+ Posts
Livingston:

RB Devonte "Bull" Mays (5-11, 215, 4.6)...broke 1,000 rushing yards in just 8 games last year.

RB Antonio White (5-7, 150, 4.6)...1,023 yards and 12 TD's last year

QB-Chevoski Collins (6-0, 185, 4.6)...topped 1,000 yards rushing as well last year.

LB- Devon Barnes(6-1, 215, 4.5)...doubled at running back and ran for 808 yards and 8 TD's

Team has NINE 3 year starters returning this year.

Couldn't stop Crosby's three, couldn't stop TC's Donald Lynch Friday night and we have to stop these 4?? All I'm gonna say is that it's gonna get ugly in Livingston. :eek:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
wacape said:
Livingston:

RB Devonte "Bull" Mays (5-11, 215, 4.6)...broke 1,000 rushing yards in just 8 games last year.

RB Antonio White (5-7, 150, 4.6)...1,023 yards and 12 TD's last year

QB-Chevoski Collins (6-0, 185, 4.6)...topped 1,000 yards rushing as well last year.

LB- Devon Barnes(6-1, 215, 4.5)...doubled at running back and ran for 808 yards and 8 TD's

Team has NINE 3 year starters returning this year.

Couldn't stop Crosby's three, couldn't stop TC's Donald Lynch Friday night and we have to stop these 4?? All I'm gonna say is that it's gonna get ugly in Livingston. :eek:
Well there has been improvement on the D, even if you didn't see it in the game with TC. They were wrapping up better in the TC game than they were in the Crosby game. I know the coaches will have the D ready with a very good game plan. Also remember there were kids that didn't play Friday night due to injuries. I feel that if they were all healed and playing the D would have been even more tight. The coaches watch more hours of film on our boys than we watch tv. They know what to work on and how to improve upon the areas that need attention. Also we do get a bye this coming week which helps the boys that are hurt and banged up to heal and get back to 100%. The O and D will both be ready for Livingston. By the time the game gets here they will be ready to unload on Livingston. 2 Weeks, for most of these boys its gonna seem like a year not being able to get out there and hit. Remember they have 2 weeks to work hard on the problem area's and make adjustments as the coaches see fit. Also I think the negative comments do nothing to encourage the team. Alot of the boys read this stuff. I know we are all guilty at times making negative comments. Maybe we should start pointing out some of the more positive things that did occur. Looked like to me the O took over control of the game half way into the 3rd quarter. Also we had some good interceptions by the D. We did have some sacks as well. Bertram got over 180 yards rushing. Thats gotta say alot right there.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Also, Livingston may have some very good backs, but we have some very good players as well. I hear Livingstons D is suspect this year. It could be another offensive game. Which ever teams D steps up and makes the critical stops and puts the O back on the field will get this one. I personally feel our D this year is better than last years D at this time.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Also, Livingston may have some very good backs, but we have some very good players as well. I hear Livingstons D is suspect this year. It could be another offensive game. Which ever teams D steps up and makes the critical stops and puts the O back on the field will get this one. I personally feel our D this year is better than last years D at this time.
and I would put my $ on our PNG D !

PNGALWAYS

A huge test for sure. But it will also be a huge victory if we pull it off. A good time to iron out the offensive and defensive kinks from the last few games and start our push toward the playoffs!!!!!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
pngfan66 said:
and I would put my $ on our PNG D !

+1, the defense came up big Friday when they needed to.

Layingemdown

Really, you would put money on the PNG D???? Its one thing to have faith in the team from a fan perspective, but when you talk about putting money on it, I would think you would use your brain and not your heart. Plain and simple, Livingston is going to run the ball all over our defense. Hopefully we can match them score for score like last year, and our D can come up with a timely stop. I will buy that....a 'timely stop'.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Layingemdown said:
Really, you would put money on the PNG D???? Its one thing to have faith in the team from a fan perspective, but when you talk about putting money on it, I would think you would use your brain and not your heart. Plain and simple, Livingston is going to run the ball all over our defense. Hopefully we can match them score for score like last year, and our D can come up with a timely stop. I will buy that....a 'timely stop'.
OMG, where did you go to school? I'd lay money that it was not PNG. Over the past 40 years, I've seen us pull off many, many wins against so-called "better" teams than us. PNG always plays hard and with heart. I'd put my money on PNG any time and I'd win more than I'd lose. I HATE hearing people talking trash about PNG and then acting like a fan. True PNG fans would never make the comments you did. And, yes, I do use my heart along with my brain.

hooks777

Re: BEAT LIVINGSTON!!!!!!!/Prep-meets-opp.

Just wishing the best to come for all, who are involved/going to the game and living in it! :texasflag:

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
Layingemdown said:
You are damn straight I would put my “money“on our D! I dont think there D will come up with the stops like ours will! Please do not give any pregame pep talks

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
At this level you never know how a team will play.But make no mistake The mind can push the body farther than you could ever imagine.I did not grasp this until after high school.Indians you can take Livingston down! That's why football is a brutal sport and that is why I watch it. Inflicting pain on your opponent some how gets their attention. :helmet:

thetestament

Preface: i am a very pessimistic fan. I hate to lose more than I like to win. I expect perfection and am very disappointed when our team makes mistakes.

Now with that said, I seem to think we will have our hands full with Livingston's backfield. Mainly because more often than not, our defense looks soft to me. I hate that we miss so many tackles, and most are arm tackles. This really kills me. But let me say this, Faircloth and company will have a great game plan together and I WILL put my money on that. If I have learned one thing about this new regime, its simply that they will not be out coached, out prepared, or out worked. We may not come out on top all the time, but I promise you this, no one will play with more heart than our PNG Indians. Bet on it! Good Luck Indians!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Thetestament, that was a truthful and great post. The difference is I am confident, sometimes over-confident, about the Indians. I think they can beat anyone if they keep their heart in it. Livingston will be good, but I think our execution and excellent coaching plan will win out in the long run. If not, the next opponent will suffer a loss. Quite frankly, I'd rather lose to Livingston and beat Nederland any day of the week. Ideally, we will win both games.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
thetestament said:
Preface: i am a very pessimistic fan. I hate to lose more than I like to win. I expect perfection and am very disappointed when our team makes mistakes.

Now with that said, I seem to think we will have our hands full with Livingston's backfield. Mainly because more often than not, our defense looks soft to me. I hate that we miss so many tackles, and most are arm tackles. This really kills me. But let me say this, Faircloth and company will have a great game plan together and I WILL put my money on that. If I have learned one thing about this new regime, its simply that they will not be out coached, out prepared, or out worked. We may not come out on top all the time, but I promise you this, no one will play with more heart than our PNG Indians. Bet on it! Good Luck Indians!!!
Since the TC game the D coaches have worked and worked and worked and worked on tackling techniques with the players. I go and watch the practices when I can. The ones I have been at, I see them working for an hour on tackling drills. I feel that with almost 2 weeks of practice and tackling drills the D will hold fast and make the stops.

PNGALWAYS

What's the deal? No posts in almost two days!!! Let's have some chatter!!
:shout: GO PNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Well I think everyone is optimistic about the game tonight. Everyone has heard how great Livingston is suppose to be this year. I feel everyone is being very conservative so as not to hex the team. I have a good feeling and support our team 110%. Just don't want to jinx the game. I find it interesting when fans slow down post with a difficult game. Superstition maybe ? Team looks ready, boys are focused, coaches have prepared for 2 weeks. Now its up to the boys to make it happen with the game plan the coaches have.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores