Beaumont United Vs PN-G

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Broadcast crew was looking for highest number of points scored by a PN-G offense.

Time to make it easier finding scores on the web site. Look for a sortable view to be out there shortly, but in the meantime.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Broadcast crew was looking for highest number of points scored by a PN-G offense.

Time to make it easier finding scores on the web site. Look for a sortable view to be out there shortly, but in the meantime.

Now you can quickly find high or low scores by sorting the columns.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Good game by all the kids that played. Not much to say when you win 45-14 and it could have been much, much worse if the Indians did not ease up at halftime. Good game to BU for competing to the very end. Next week should be a good game...WO-S @ PN-G. Enjoy this W first. Go Indians.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
They were wondering the record for the most times Cherokee was played
I guess you could look at scores and first downs and get an idea
But I’m sure that’s never been kept as a tally

bandkid

Staff member

I can’t recall ever seeing that kind of offensive balance at PN-G, perhaps never at the high school level.

bandkid

Staff member

The band used to keep track of how many times it’s played in a season. I’m uncertain whether they still do. If they do, last season should have set or neared the record.

With as many fourth downs as we forced last night, I found myself wondering whether we’d hear Cherokee on fourth down as many times as on first down.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Funny you asked that. they had someone last season keep count. Ill have to try and remember were I saw it at.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

I can’t recall ever seeing that kind of offensive balance at PN-G, perhaps never at the high school level.
It's great to see it in 2023. Coach Joseph and crew know that establishing the running game is important and with the big earth movers up front, it will continue to happen this season.

The '99 team was also almost a 50/50 balanced attack.

Faircloth teams were also more balanced than a lot of fans may remember. Those big yardage passing teams often had a 100+ yard per game running back to go with it. Cropper, Halfin, Bertrand, Harmon, Trahan and of course Roschon Johnson as the ultimate dual threat QB in PN-G history.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I’m thinking the 2017 72-68 Crosby game should hold the single game record for Cherokee….I know my legs were sore after that game….stand, sit, stand, sit :p

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
The offense LOOKED like Katy last night

NO (TexArkana generalization) team should abandon the QB UNDER center
It creates its own misdirection
There’s very little misdirection with the shotgun RB 3 feet laterally
That formation was created for the Vince Young style read option
I think it’s somewhat outdated as a base formation (IMO)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores